Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Va. deer hunters....

Old 01-07-2002, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Va. deer hunters....

Well my first season in the Fredericksburg area is over. Man there are a ton of nice deer here, but due to my move I never really got to scout things out the way I like to, and I only got to build one stand. There was a place I had permission to bow hunt on that was full of deer, in one afternoon I had 2 nice 6 points and one MONSTER 8 point in front of me, all 3 out of range. The following afternoon I had a shot at another decent 8 point, but spooked him. In the course of the bow season I counted at least 80-90 deer and a lot of them were bucks.

I only had 12 acres to hunt during gun and missed a HUGE 6 point, saw a nice 8 point, 12 doe and finally got a little 4 point.

Any how where I am going with this? Well I wanted to find out who might be interested in leasing some land down my way to hunt? I have never leased property before, but I am willing to do the leg work to locate and find the property to lease, I plan on concentrating in the Spottsylvania, Stafford, Culpepper, and Orange county areas. Of course I could do a lot of the scouting and stand building also. The one thing I would want to work out is a set of rules, number one being strictly ethical hunters along with some other rules:

1. No drinking and hunting.
2. No dogs.
3. No illegal deer.
4. If everyone agrees a minimum size on bucks.
5. Total respect for the property owners property.
6. The willingness to accept full responsibilty for any accidental damage caused to a property owners property.
7. No trash left in woods.

Obviously we would have to work out costs and any other agreements after we all get together. If you are interested email me at [email protected]

The Tazman
Old 01-07-2002, 06:27 AM

Default RE: Va. deer hunters....

Taz, I may be interested depending on the price and location. We'll talk via e-mail.

KL
Old 01-07-2002, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

me too.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry, but I wanted to bump this up.

The Tazman
Old 01-07-2002, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

I would be very much interestred. Capt Brad

Old 01-07-2002, 03:27 PM
Spike

Sounds like a good idea. I'll send an e-mail with a few ideas.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well so far I have about 6 folks possibly interested. I know not everyone will be able to come through (of course I could be wrong). I hope we can pull this off, it would be nice to have a group of good people together with some good property to hunt. The advantages are great, it is a lot better having a group of hunters working together scouting and brainstorming than trying to do it all yourself. Hopefully more floks will show some interest, the more people in on it the less it will cost each.

The Tazman
Old 01-08-2002, 06:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 07:23 AM
Spike

Tazman - You got mail.....
Old 01-08-2002, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Southern rebel I checked my mail and haven't seen it yet, of course some mail servers have a delay.

o2bhuntin check your mail.

This very well is starting to look up as far as interest goes.

The Tazman

Quick Reply: Va. deer hunters....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.