Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Oklahomans

Old 10-25-2004, 11:53 PM

Default Oklahomans

I've seen where several of you have mentioned being from Oklahoma, so I was curious about getting a headcount of Oklahomans here and their wherebouts and where they get to hunt. I'll start off. I'm in Weatherford, OK (southwest) going to college at Southwestern Oklahoma State. I hunt in the north end of Wa****a county and also right up near Thomas, OK and near Guthrie. My favorite place so far may be my place in Wa****a...and the place up near Thomas...ah, oh well, the place near Guthrie, too!!!
Old 10-26-2004, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oklahomans

live in Calumet and hunt everywhere.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:36 AM

Central OK here, east of OKC metro area. I've been lurkin here for a while, just registered.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm here in Northeast Oklahoma, just outside of Pryor. I lease a piece of property just west of Pryor.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: SWOSUMike

I've seen where several of you have mentioned being from Oklahoma, so I was curious about getting a headcount of Oklahomans here and their wherebouts and where they get to hunt. I'll start off. I'm in Weatherford, OK (southwest) going to college at Southwestern Oklahoma State. I hunt in the north end of Wa****a county and also right up near Thomas, OK and near Guthrie. My favorite place so far may be my place in Wa****a...and the place up near Thomas...ah, oh well, the place near Guthrie, too!!!
SWOSU is a horrible school!! Just kidding, I graduated from SOSU. A good friend of mine, Brian Cartwright, played baseball for SWOSU and I think he is on the coaching staff there now.

I live in Houston, TX, but I still hunt south central Oklahoma every Thanksgiving.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:54 PM

I own land just east of you in Caddo County near Eakley. Grow peanuts, wheat, soybeans, various types of peas or anything else I can get someone to contract for.

Lots of deer and turkey along the creek. Good waterfowl hunting on peanut fields with birds coming from Ft. Cobb.

Took a pic of a nice 8 pointer with a trail camera on Thursday 10/14 and arrowed him Sunday 10/24 after sitting in the stand for 2 days.

Good luck hunting

Old 10-26-2004, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

SWOSUmike I live in Duncan. Had two sons graduate from Southwestern. I hunt Stephens county, Grady county, Woodward county when I can. Do gun season in Kansas.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:56 PM

Live in Yukon and hunt Woodward, Ellis, and Tillman counties. Carey
Old 10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Spike

I live in Tulsa and mainly hunt in pittsburg, latimer, & pushmataha counties.

Basically the San Bois Mountains, & Bear creek.

I used to hunt in osage county alot.
Old 10-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Norman. I am going to OU getting a degree in Wildlife Managment. I bowhunt at Lexington WMA, Lake Thunderbird and when I had time would go to Three Rivers for ML and rifle. With school and work I am trying Hickory Creek WMA for the first time since it is closer. I like what I have seen there so far. Lots of deer.

Quick Reply: Oklahomans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.