Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shoot what you eat!!

Old 10-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default shoot what you eat!!

i dont why people get 4 or 5 tags and fill all of them... but whos going to est that much venison. but having that much meat that will most likley go to waste from day of kill to next season. i shoot at most 1 deer with a bow 1 with a gun thats enoguh for me

agree or not
Old 10-24-2004, 05:27 PM

Default RE: shoot what you eat!!

well in my case it dosen't work out that way. we have about 12 or so guys that hunt with me. uncles/friends. and we will take the deer we get and make hamburg/balona (sp)/sasuage/jerky and other stuff and then we give out equall portions as to what that person normally eats. we have never had a prob. with to much meat. normally we run out about a month before the season or two. and that is when i only eat venison maybe once a week.

but yes i do agree. no reason to shoot more meat then you need. however i am sure you could find someone to take some if you don't want it all
Old 10-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The past 2 years between my father and i we harvest 5 deer a piece both years. Both times the meat was gone in the summer. We eat it a few times a week and love the meat so we will take as many as we can because we put the meat to good use.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

I shot 5 last year and could have shot a lot more. Between friends and grandkids that love it, it doesn't go to waste. We have way too many deer in our area.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:32 PM

If I shoot more than I can eat I always donate to the food bank. It never goes to waste.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:38 PM

Last year I killed 15 does and 7 bucks as part of the ranches managment program. I cant/dont eat that many deer so I normally end up giving it to one of the ranch hands or they will find somebody to give it to. Between all the does and bucks we have to take off each year, by the end of Jan.-Feb we have put alot of venison on the ground, but we always seem to find somebody who wants it.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:00 PM

no venison ever goes to waste here!!my 6 year old daughter thinks it the best thing since a shirt pocket.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:15 PM

well, thats no good if someone gets more deer than they can eat. But with me being the only one in my house that its it, it ussually doesnt go to waste. I can get 4 this year and it will all be gone by the end of the summer at the latest
Old 10-24-2004, 10:48 PM

Same here,, i dont want to see anyone take a deer that will be wasted,, but i have no problem eating several each year,,, i usually get a few given to me during a year,, and also what i can get tags for,, its always gone by june or so.. theres so much stuff you can make with it,, especially if you have some of it ground into burger.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:10 PM

In Georgia, a hunter can bag 12 deer. 10 antlerless and 2 antlered. I don't take that many, but then again I always run out. Often times I will kill one and give it to some of my wife's family who love it, but don't hunt.

Quick Reply: shoot what you eat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.