Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 One Nasty Looking Wound, {buck pic} >

One Nasty Looking Wound, {buck pic}

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

One Nasty Looking Wound, {buck pic}

Old 10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default One Nasty Looking Wound, {buck pic}

I got these last night, I imagine its from fighting.

Old 10-23-2004, 08:15 PM

Default RE: One Nasty Looking Wound, {buck pic}

Wow. Looks like this boy just wasn't going to give up on the fight till that happened. lol I'd like to see the big boy that did that.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:38 PM

yikes! thats a nice wound.do those ears look a little bit small, or is that just me?
Old 10-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks swollen,infected,Yes the ears look small.We have a state park near by that for years did not allow hunting.when they finally opened it up and picked 50 hunters to take some does I was one of them.The deer were interbreeding and they had tiny ears.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Could be an arrow wound where the arrow broke off and the rest of the shaft is still with him. Might be a little early for fights like that.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be an arrow wound where the arrow broke off and the rest of the shaft is still with him. Might be a little early for fights like that.
was gonna say that myself looks like a arrow wound, that looks like a slice from a broad head blade.
Old 10-24-2004, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

A friend of mine shot a nice 8 point that had a wound just like that. It was from an arrow and the broad head was still in the back. When he put pressure on the side of the wound enough puss came out to fill a milk carton! It was nasty!
Old 10-24-2004, 06:51 AM

i don't think this is from a fight, the wound is to "clean" for this. i agree that it looks like it's from an arrow. somebody needs to take this buck soon because it appears that gang green will set in soon if it already hasn't.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah it could be an arrow wound, I know its a nasty looking booger what ever caused it. In the first picture you can see where its ran down over his shoulder and neck.UCKKKK.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think the wound looks bad at all. Deer are very tough critters, sometimes cuts/wounds look ugly until they heal up. THat buck will be fine, and have the battle scars to show it.

Quick Reply: One Nasty Looking Wound, {buck pic}

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.