Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHATS THE ACTIVITY IN OHIO??

Old 10-30-2004, 06:41 PM

Default RE: WHATS THE ACTIVITY IN OHIO??

Up in knox county, I was out this evening about dusk saw a nice 6 point playing tag with 3 groups of does in a trefoil field, Then saw a real nice 8 point all by his lonesome in a turnip patch.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:23 AM

Hay Mike the big bucks are starting to move i have seen a lot of scrapes and rubs in highland and ross counties havnt been to adams county yet i did see a buck friday but i spooked him he seen me sitting under my tree
Old 11-01-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

went out on sunday, (halloween), in highland county, and seen 15 does, none of course close enough for a good shot![:@] My uncle seen a wide 8pt coming right at him till a doe swept him away. So sunday was the best day i had so far, found some scrapes and a few rubs. Weather is starting to get chilly this week, like in the 30's. How was everyone esles weekend in the woods.?
Old 11-01-2004, 11:15 AM

Here in perry county, Near Perry state Forest, we are doing good. We have been seeing rubbs on our hunting grounds since the 1st week of october. My hubbyand one of his friends got a couple of nice 8 pts. We've been seeing a good bit of nice shoters and smaller bucks here. And a good bit of does.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:45 PM

I hunt in Clermont County, and saw 3 bucks yesterday. One made 2 scrapes 10 yards from my stand and rubbed, actually destroyed, a bush. The 2 smaller ones sparred a little bit, and were pushed right by my stand by a bigger buck (still too small to shoot). Still an awesome day!!! This week and next week should be really nice. The weather is going to get pretty cold, so it should be a fantastic rut!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh god i pray it is!!!!!!!! I cant wait.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:06 PM

Been seeing lots of does and button bucks but with the full moon and wind and rain. The bucks haven't been moving. Cool temps for this weekend should heat things up.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:25 PM

Been see deer every weekend just cant seem to get anything going for me. Saw a doe being chased by a nice 4 pt. I was at full draw on a 7pt he came about 8 yards from me but couldnt get a clean shot.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 PM

I have seen more big bucks in the past 4 days than the rest of the year it is really startin to crank here in central ohio
Old 11-02-2004, 08:24 PM

I think this year has had a slow start but the past three of four days I have seen lots of new activity. I have a farm in Adams county and they're moving pretty good now. I guess it's time for the spotlighters to come out now. The poaching in Adams county is unbelievable.

Quick Reply: WHATS THE ACTIVITY IN OHIO??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.