Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

scent blocker or doe estrus

Old 10-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default scent blocker or doe estrus

So which kind of spray do you think is more effective, scent blocker or doe estrus? Any specific brands?

Got my tags today. Two weeks until opening day. WOOOOOHOOOOO
Old 10-07-2004, 07:28 PM

Default RE: scent blocker or doe estrus

Which ever you prefer. My uncle was dragging a sent rag with doe estrus on it and killed a nice buck.

Here's the story:
One morning he drug the rag toward his stand. He heard something behind him. He turned and shined his light thinking it could be a coyote or something. Nothing. He continues and begins to hear something coming toward him. He shined is light again this time saw a big buck coming toward him. Apparently this buck was on a mission. Well, he now hangs on his wall. I don't know how it all happened as far as shooting the deer. He may have felt like he was about to be charged and shot it then or if he kept dragging 'til legal light to double back and get a shot? I do know that the buck was on his trail before light on his way to his stand.