Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Ways to refresh faded camouflage clothing? >

Ways to refresh faded camouflage clothing?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ways to refresh faded camouflage clothing?

Old 09-10-2004, 04:20 AM

Default Ways to refresh faded camouflage clothing?

I wash my camouflage clothing in cold water, turned inside out, but eventually all camouflage seems to start to fade.

I've got a couple of pairs of camouflaged denim trousers, which are starting to look a little faded. They're comfortable, and I don't want to stop using them, since thier starting to become a little "white looking" with the repeated washings. Is there any way I could use a clothes dye to refresh the forest green, black and brown colors?

Is there an specific dye color that could be used to take the fade away, without compromising the camouflage pattern?

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 09-10-2004, 04:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ways to refresh faded camouflage clothing?

They make special detergent for cammies to prevent fading ,
but the brand name escapes me . If you have to resort to dye use a light neutral tan or grey , attempt to match the shade that predominates on the item's design . Soaking the item(s) in a solution of strong tea followed by a thorough rinsing and descenting can sometimes refresh camo .
Old 09-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hate to admit it, but I have a favorite pair of coveralls that have faded some. I took some spray Krylon camo paint and touched them up the past two seasons and they work pretty good. Just hang them up outside and spray and leave them out for a day or two, then wash.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to not wash as much as possible. I only launder if and when I get mud on them or the weather is hot enough to make me sweat alot. I usually hang them outside on a breezy day to freshen them up. When I do launder, I put them on a short cycle in cold or gently hand wash. I heard somewhere that it is actually best to have one garment, say pants, that are faded and one new looking, say jacket. This breaks up your profile even more is what I heard.