Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
my biology teacher argued with me today... >

my biology teacher argued with me today...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

my biology teacher argued with me today...

Old 03-01-2002, 03:23 AM

Default RE: my biology teacher argued with me today...

Never get into a pissing contest, 'cause you'll both get wet! Like Drache said earlier, go to the principals office or the counselors office. If that doesn't work go to the board of education. Mention the deer arguement but stress the grade issue, where he said he'll give you an F because you're a hunter. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper letting everyone know what was said. Yes, mention the teachers name.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thats a argument you cant win in his class.Wait till he has no power over you anymore.Or just send him to see me. That educated dummy will leave a different person one way or the other!

Edited by - cardeer on 03/01/2002 05:08:38
Old 03-01-2002, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

LittleHuntinFool, I hate to say this but there are fewer mulies than there used to be, are they endangered? NO, not even close, they have a healthy population, mulies unlike whitetail are not real happy living near humans, so their enviroment has shrunk. There numbers are down due to less habitat, not due to hunting.

In regards to your teacher, leave a sleeping dog lie, wait until he is no longer your teacher and drop some facts on his desk, do not have another face to face confrontation.

The Tazman
Old 03-01-2002, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

LHF,

Oh you have much to learn:

#1 You started the confrontation. Saying that his poster "was bull" was uncalled for. His classroom - his poster. You have to be there for a grade, arguing with the grade maker doesn't help make for A's.

#2 Name calling, not good in any situation. Level headed debating backed by facts will only win in a situation such as this.

Think with your head man, not with your heart. There are other more subtle ways to get your points across.

Now all you have gained is an enemy.

Edited by - cyclone on 03/05/2002 11:54:41
Old 03-01-2002, 08:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2002, 08:14 AM

I suggest you show your teacher a little respect.
Maybe, given half a chance and an intelligent conversation you could have learned something from each other. Now all you have is a pissed off teacher who controls your grade.

Lastly,
(This is from memory so please do the appropriate research before presenting it to anyone as a fact)
I believe that some states Mule deer are considered a ‘threatened’ species. That is a different designation then endangered. They are considered threatened because of the lose of habitat. This makes herd control, via hunting, even more important.

(Like I said please look up the details)

I suggest you do your research, apologize for your attitude, and ask if you can show him what you found. If he’s not interested then let it drop.

Old 03-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

better document your grades from here on out, next report that you have due, you have a great subject to approach it with. facts will always win. calm, cool, facts.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with cyclone on this one. Also, you showed that you didn't have all the facts right from the start when you said that they're more mule deer now..blah, blah. Theyt fact is the numbers of mule deer have been delining consistently for a number of years. Personally, I would take a back seat on this for the time being. You can jeapordize your grades with bad timimg. To get additional info on the mule deer, check out muledeer.org and other related sites. At lease that way, if this conversation comes up again, you can have all your facts straight. Good Luck!
Old 03-01-2002, 10:11 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2002, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reread cyclone and trum's post carefully. They offer good grownup advice. I would caution you against taking brian's advice. It would only get you into more trouble. Especially the arrow drawing idea. He would know exactly who did it.

Quick Reply: my biology teacher argued with me today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.