Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 bought a few stealth cams,need help >

bought a few stealth cams,need help

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bought a few stealth cams,need help

Old 09-06-2004, 10:47 AM

Default bought a few stealth cams,need help

ok i got my stealth cams up now and i was wandering how i can check and see how many pics it has taken w/o taking a picture of myself?
Old 09-06-2004, 12:44 PM

Default RE: bought a few stealth cams,need help

You can walk up behind the tree that your camera is on and peek around without taking your picture. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:12 PM

Eddie, I dont mean to "steal" your thread, but I just bought a steal cam as well and I also have a few questions about them. I bought the stealth cam that is at walmart for $60, model MC2-GWM.

1) I noticed that the camera dosent have a "counter" so how do you know how many pictures the camera has taken? How do you know if it has 1 picture or 20 pictures left?

2) If I move the camera from one spot to another (same roll of film) will turning of the camera mess up the film?

Thanks for the help and good luck to all this season.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

On my stealth cam (the green version from BPS) you can switch the camera to standby. This preserves the settings like delay and number of pics per trip, then move the camera to a new spot and switch it back to "on". The camera still reads whatever number picture it was on and the settings are still the same.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack

Eddie, I dont mean to "steal" your thread, but I just bought a steal cam as well and I also have a few questions about them. I bought the stealth cam that is at walmart for $60, model MC2-GWM.

1) I noticed that the camera dosent have a "counter" so how do you know how many pictures the camera has taken? How do you know if it has 1 picture or 20 pictures left?

2) If I move the camera from one spot to another (same roll of film) will turning of the camera mess up the film?

Thanks for the help and good luck to all this season.
The display counts the number of triggered events. Even when the all film is exposed the events keep counting. Last week I had one that displayed 93.

When yopu move the camera without chang4ing the film, set the switch to standby rather than off.

After loading the film make sure the display has "0" events, not an "E". If it display an "E" the system thinks the camera is empty.

Some of my pics at http://www.racksnspurs.com/Photos.htm
Old 09-06-2004, 07:04 PM

It took me a while to figure my stealth cam out, but I had a hard time getting the film to load right, so it doesn't hurt to take a picture of yourself. Listen for the film to advance, so you'll know it's loaded correctly. There's nothing worse than putting out 200 lbs. of corn, seeing "24" on the display, then not having any pictures!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:08 PM

i took mine off the tree this am and took it back to walmart.in over four weeks and two trees,the only pics are mine.i watched deer pass by the cam and no pics while they were within the test range.it tested and took pics of me but never showed low batteries even after four weeks.friends have bought same cam with same results.what gives?????/
Old 09-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to be a smart @$$ but, did you make sure you switched the camera to "on" and didn't leave it on test mode? And did you make sure the film was loaded. The LCD screen should read 0, if it reads "E" then the teeth on the gear didn't catch the film.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:59 PM

I've heard mixed reviews about these cameras, but once I figured mine out, it does pretty good. The price is right too!
Old 09-07-2004, 06:12 AM

Yeah.....once you the hang of flim loading...its a good cam....I had a heck of a time with my new cam loading kodak flim.......for some reason after 6 tries of loading and unloading....even had to tear off some ruined flim......the counter findly took and said 0.....most people just don't understand this.....as mention above.....THE COUNTER MUST SAY... " O " ......DO NOT AND I REPEAT ....DO NOT HANG THE CAM IF IT READS...." E " ......it will not work.....keep moving the flim around....close it.....and check for the....0..(for operational).....if ya see....E...(empty)......you need to keep trying. Good cam.....just real picky on flim loading.....most guys take them back....because of this little bug .....it gets easier with practise.

Quick Reply: bought a few stealth cams,need help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.