Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trespassing?

Old 09-05-2004, 11:40 PM

Default trespassing?

does anyone have any idea what you could do if someone is trespassing on your property?laws ect.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:49 PM

Default RE: trespassing?

Put your crosshairs 'tween the legs and squeeze the trigger! They ain't never gonna come back, and they won't pass on the trespassing genes![8D]

Seriously, If you can't catch them, there is nothing you can really do that I know of.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:21 AM

Call your state Wildlife Management Offices and see if they have a poacher hotline set up. If they don't, write a letter the their director and suggest they start one. If they have one. Get a licence plate number and a discription of the vehicle and turn them in. I works here in Georgia.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Typical Buck

It depends what state your in , each state has different laws that prohibit people from going onto your land. In NY where I'm from it's illegal to tresspass without written permission from the land owner, now don't get me wrong there are some loop holes, but for the most part the DEC will fine them and or arrest them. Any municipality can arrest someone if a complaint is filed. It is NYS Law that the person tresspassing must give the landowner or the agent in charge of the land his backtag number and his full name. You could try posting your property if possiable. Any law enforcement agency must provide service to you, whether it's fish and game or others in your area. Try to get the name of the person or a licence plate off their vechicle any info would help. Usually the first time someone gets arrested they spread the word that you are not playing around and don't want people on your property after all your paying for it and you have the right to keep people off your land. Ultimately it is immpossiable to keep eveyone off your land but as soon as people hear your having people arrested for tresspassing it should slow down a bit. Press charges it's all you can do. Do not get into violent confrontations with these people, if their that much of a scum bag to sneak onto your land you don't know what their capable of doing, protect yourself and your investment. Good luck
Old 09-06-2004, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

You could probably take out a warrant against them for tresspassing and prosecute them. Works in Georgia.

dog1
Old 09-06-2004, 06:14 AM

I don't recomend this, but I know a guy who unloaded his rifle through the radiator of a trespasser's truck. The guy who did it was in site of where the trespassor parked his truck. He said he gave the trespassor time to get deep into the woods. The more he thought about the more ticked off he got and so Bam... 5 rounds through the front end. Then he climbed down and went home. He said he hasn't had a problem sense.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't reccomend that course of action either Dave ...

If you post it legally and clearly and they don't honor it you should be able to do that . Since they're committing a crime I feel that's the least they deserve , or at least the better of 2 choices ... [:@]
Old 09-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have one of the game wardens on my Southern Link radio. If I catch someone or if I have reason to believe someone is tresspassing I call Jerry. I will prosecute if possible.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:05 AM

Trespassing with a firearm is a felony. Carry a video camera or a camera with you while you hunt. If you catch some one trespassing, take their picture and call the law. Even if they dont stick around for the law to arrive you have proof.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:56 AM

I had idiots trespassing on ATV's, took care of the problem with home made spike strips and caught a few of them red-handed. Called the law and they got $75 tickets. Oh and btw, I walked down to them with a shotgun, just incase...

Oh and forgot to say that when gun season kicks in here, if I see a trespasser, it wont be the usual "Trespassers will be prosecuted", it will be "Trespassers will be shot" [8D]

Quick Reply: trespassing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.