Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you stay focused?

Old 08-27-2004, 01:37 PM

Default How do you stay focused?

How do you guys beat getting discouraged while on stand. My biggest problem is i am so pumped up about a spot and when it doesn't produce i start to lose my focus. Just wondered how some of you guys deal with this and keep your mind on the task at hand ?
Happy Hunting ---------> CH

Old 08-27-2004, 01:45 PM

Default RE: How do you stay focused?

Fortunately for me I have never had this problem. I am what you'd call an eternal optimist! In fact sometimes I make bad decisions and stay in one place to long.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:10 PM

I just love being on stand Really, killing a deer is gravy to me. I enjoy birds, squirel, fox and just about anything that happens by except thos damn mosquitos I guess it depends on what you want to get out of a hunt. I'm looking for wind down time(mental health) and I find it just by enjoying the season, smells in the air and the critters that make the woods alive.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:26 PM

AMEN adams!!! Could not have said it better.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am the opposite I always go out not expecting to see anything. Then even a leg moving thru the brush was a treat. I day dream ,think of ways to beat the government at their games of persecuting the citizens. I fight the revolution over and over in a day.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:45 PM

Quite often, I take a book with me to read while bow hunting. I know turning pages is a bit of unnecessary movement but with a book, I can sit in my stand for hours on end. I wear pants with cargo pockets on the thighs so a book will slip right in if I need my hands free.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:06 PM

Adams said it best...and with that, I am always on top of the game in terms of being alert and ready. It's unexplainable....it's just being "out there" that does it for me.

A close friend of mine who runs an outfit in canada for both big fish and whitetails always says it best....."in one second you can go from a zero to a hero"!!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

from a zero to a hero"!!!!
Exactly...... the anticipation of hunting keeps me focused. You just never know when your fortune will change.

Here is something I do everytime I take to the field be it scouting or hunting, take something positive out each trip. It can be fresh sign, close encounters, sighting a big deer, learning something new, relaxation anything to keep a positive attitude or out look. Best part about hunting is when the alarm clock rings it's a whole new day just get out to take in all you can.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:58 PM

I just love being in my stands you never know when he will show up. I always think positive and always stay elert. I also like watching the other animals.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:17 PM

where I hunt I usually see 1 deer per season (that's hunting 6-7 days), that certainly helps to keep concentration knowing there won't be a second chance if one sneaks by because I'm napping but as adams said there's lots going on around you besides deer; appreciate it

www.buckfever.ca

Quick Reply: How do you stay focused?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.