Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Idiots In The Woods

Old 08-22-2004, 07:34 AM

Default Idiots In The Woods

I'm not sure if this is a funny or sad story. Years ago when I graduated from high school I got a job working in a local hardware store. We sold everything from hardware to gifts to sporting goods. On this particular day a gentleman walked into the store so I approached him and asked him could I help him. He said, "Yessir, I need some bullets to go deer hunting with." I said, "OK, what caliber do you need?" He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know, just give me something that will kill a deer." I then had to explain to him the differences between calibers and bullet weights and construction. He just stood there with this blank look on his face and said, "I'll come back later."

He never returned, thank God! I hope I never have to hunt the same piece of woods as this brain surgeon.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Idiots In The Woods

I know what you mean , I work part time in a small gun shop .Last fall a guy came in and wanted a box of 7mm or 30 cal ammo to hunt deer ,good stuff. I ask what his gun was chambered for ? He said just give me the ammo . He was a jerk when I tryed again to find out info , so I sold him the box of Weatherby 30-378 ammo that some one had ordered and never picked up ,I figgered he could not hurt himself with ammo that would not fit.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:33 PM

Yes it is sad ive been muzellloading in clarks river befor and had an hunter come under my tree stand and said hi and have i seen any deer
Old 08-24-2004, 08:29 AM

Idiots are all over down here! You can go to any pro shop just before the season and find one or two guys that bought their first bow and are getting ready to hunt. A weeks practice and they're experts.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-25-2004, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Reminds me of the engineer that came into the shop one day, headed for the bandsaw and procedded to cut a live round into. Fortunately the casing flew and not the slug.

There's a idiot born every minute.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:57 AM

One of the most common ones I know of is the hunter who sends his wife out the week before the season to pick up some ammo for him. She comes in and says she wants some 7mm shells. Doesn't have a clue which 7mm shells, just knows her husband wants 7mm shells!?!?!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:08 PM

i know what u mean i have a hard time finding a shell that looks good and looks like it will fit in my gun most of the time they are to small sometimes the small one will work tho
Old 08-25-2004, 12:23 PM

i know what u mean i have a hard time finding a shell that looks good and looks like it will fit in my gun most of the time they are to small sometimes the small one will work tho
Where's the little smiley face. I mean, you're kidding right[:-]
Old 08-25-2004, 12:24 PM

yes im kidding lol

Quick Reply: Idiots In The Woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.