Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Lounge Leveler

Old 02-27-2002, 09:28 AM

Default Tree Lounge Leveler

I have purchased the tree lounge leveler it seems to level on one side more then the other . Has anyone had this problem and if so how do you fix it.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tree Lounge Leveler

That's why they supply that grease with it. Don't put it on very heavy though, if you get it on the threads and rods too thick it'll make a terrible mess when bark/dirt/sand or a combination thereof collects on it.

Seriously though, it will take a little time to break in or loosen up. What I do is simply even it out by pulling on the side that is short. You can get your fingers in both sides at the same time and wiggle it even.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:20 PM

I did use the grease and i also use my hands
to pull on the shorter side, but i was just wondering if this was noraml. For the price of the thing in my opinion it should need anything other than turning the knob. This can be a real pain in th !ss when your up high in tree.
Old 02-27-2002, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

madman, I have two of these Levelers. Both of them do as you described. I only bought them for the stands and not the foot part. I personally don't think they are worth the money they get for them.I had one break when my New version TL slipped down the tree.Not sure if the Leveler gave way and made it slip or was damaged when it recaught the tree.The treaded part moves it in & out and the other two rods are only guides.I've been thinking about removing the paint off this section of the stand where the Leveler hangs up and see if it helps.I agree it's a pain having to reach behind and even them out.I keep mine closed until I reach the height I want then crank the handle. Before decending I close it back up and come down. I don't trust it to be extended to climb or come down .Main thing is wear your safety belt.Ruger Redhawk