HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/69511-whos-your-hunting-buddy.html)

Georgetownboys 08-23-2004 02:20 PM

RE: WHO'S YOUR HUNTING BUDDY?

I hunt with my 2 boys 7 and 11. Both each took their first 8pts. and a does each last fall. Were gettin our gear ready and countin the days. This year youth opening gun season is the weekend of 10/30 and 10/31. Gonna be tough getting them back in time for halloween. Won't get any peace from moma if I miss that one.

TURKEY FAN 08-23-2004 02:54 PM

Glad to hear so many positive responses!:D Hopefully my two son's will follow in my steps in hunting........my 7yr old just shot his grandpa's 410 on sunday! I was so pumped.......he did well and didnt complain about the lil kick for a 7yr old:D It was a great moment for me.....because he will be 8 on the 28 of this month and that is when my dad died, so he got to shoot one of my dad's guns before i did:(

turkey man 08-24-2004 10:08 AM

My main buddy is my 8 year old son Hunter. I'm a single parent since he was 18 months old so it was take him with me or don't go. Last year at the old age of 7 he has taken 1 buck, 2 does, 4 hogs and 2 turkeys in the states of Oklahoma and Texas and he LOVES it.
I don't push it and if it's cold we don't stay long and we always have plenty of snacks.
It's really hard to archery hunt with a kid but this year I have bought 4 of those 2 man ladder stands and I think we might have a shot at one.
Good Hunting.

Indiana-Eric 08-24-2004 11:25 AM

my brother Richard aka "Richie". he was with me when i killed my first doe , and he was 60 yards away when i shot my first buck.

Woodline Bucks 08-24-2004 01:12 PM

my hunting buddy is my brother-in-law. We hunt every season and everything together. We discuss strategies and rib each other to no end. We have a great time. I also have 3 girls who love to go scouting with me, I hope they will continue to enjoy the outdoors as they get older.

NorthernHunter 08-24-2004 02:53 PM

My hunting buddy used to be my Dad like most of you, but he passed away in 1995. I'm 37 years old now and for the first few years after my Dad passed away i still hunted just as much, but it was lonely and not anyone around to share stories with. Then my brother had a coworked who relocated from NY State to NJ. We met, hit it off pretty well and been hunting buddies ever since. We share current as well as past stories. We share deer sightings during the offseason just to keep in touch. He has helped me obtain valuable private land in NJ to bow hunt and I have helped him bait, drag, push, hang stands, etc.

Wish I had known this buddy since high school, but we've been hunting together for only 6 years now. Loved every minute of it.

His wife is a pisser, though. But, I am generally a nice guy. She thought of me as just a typical hunter, but I help my buddy out with stuff around his house, helped him build a monster addition last year and took him and his oldest son, age 6, trout fishing. His wife has since changed her tune and when her hubby says he's 'hunting with Don', she is more than happy that he's going out to hunt.

TURKEY FAN 08-24-2004 04:25 PM

Whats a pisser:D??

TheBassMan 08-25-2004 06:31 AM

My huntin buddy was a friend of mine named Micheal Fagre......we shared some good times. Now i have a friend that is kinda my hunting buddy and his name is Travis.....wish my father hunted...that would be great

johnl 09-03-2004 06:02 AM

I've got a few huntin' buddies but the one that means the most to me is my 10 year old son too ypung to have a licence here in ny but he goes with me as much as possible he's already pulling back a 50 # compound can't wait till he gets his first deer

tmccarty11 09-07-2004 05:57 PM

Thats a great story!! I like to hunt with my dad but my friend Nate always makes hunting fun. He loves to hunt. HE hets mad right after he shoots his buck during the season because now he knows he doesnt get to shoot anymore. He also gets mad when it comes to the end pheasant or duck and has to wait a whole nother year.