Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Well It's On Now!!!!

Old 08-16-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Well It's On Now!!!!

Just finished up my pre-season trail clearing, trail marking and finished my small food plot. I know alot of you will say it is to early in Ga. but i went ahead and planted my 8 ft. wide by 135 yards long road bed in the middle of the planted pines. We have had some real cool days and some rain so i couldn't resist putting some seed in the ground. Waiting game to see how fast it will start sprouting so i can get some trail cameras set up on it. Come on Sept. 11th
Old 08-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well It's On Now!!!!

SEPTEMBER 11?????????[:@][:'(] YOU LUCKY DAWG!!!!!!I GOTTA WAIT TILL OCTOBER 2ND! Well i just sighted in my bow yesterday and i was so excited it only took two shots and my bow was on target.......i love this new dropaway rest, its a trap door. I didnt even ruin any arrows!! I shoot mechanical so i would reckon my tuning is good to go. Well good luck to you, "MR. MY BOW SEASON STARTS IN SEPTEMBER!!"
Old 08-16-2004, 02:54 PM

September 11 cant come soon enough. I'm gonna plant myself a small honey hole foodplot near the swamp I'm gonna hunt opening day, or maybe I'll hunt the 2 oaks I found yesterday that are loaded with acorns, or maybe.... can you tell I'm ready?
Old 08-16-2004, 03:13 PM

I did the same thing, last week. We had that good soaking rain on Tuesday, I planted my plots on Wendsday. It was a little early, I usually don't put my plots in till the 1st week of September, but with the way the rain situation has been lately I figured I had better get them in while the ground was wet. Already have everything else done, just waiting on opening day now. BuckaRama is this weekend, guess I will go check it out.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:11 AM

You talk about acorns, ive seen some white oaks who lims are so heavy they are about to break
Old 08-17-2004, 08:13 AM

I'm going to go to my lease on 8/27 to do some work. Also, one of our game cams has taken some pictures of two different groups of audads that have apparentally moved onto our place, so I will get to do some hunting while I'm out there. I've always wanted to get an audad; I'm nearly as excited about them as I am about the deer.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:54 AM

good luck, and have fun