Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hotel or Lodge?

Old 08-15-2004, 01:08 PM

Default Hotel or Lodge?

Question for those that would use an outfitter? Would you rather stay in a hotel or in a cabin/lodge? Why?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:53 PM

Default RE: Hotel or Lodge?

I wont book a hunt with an outfitter unless they provide lodging for me. I'm already spending enough money on the hunt, they should have some where for me to stay. If you have to stay in a hotel then that is just one more hassle that you have to worry about and is more money you have to spend. And besides, when you stay in a lodge/tent/cabin it makes you feel like your actually on a hunting trip, you dont feel the same way when you have to drive into town each night to stay at a motel 6.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:59 PM

Very true, well what if the hotel was paid for, would that be more suitable?
Old 08-15-2004, 04:53 PM

It is cheaper for the "outfitter" to pay for your hotel and for them to sleep in their own beds and then pick you up in the morning than it is to set up a good camp. IMHO, it is a big red flag.... doesn't sound like the "right stuff" to me. [Antelope hunt maybe, some caribou and moose hunts I've investigated have the license and the motel room paired together --- other than something like that.... not for me!]

I don't know what you are hunting but I'm betting the game trails don't run very close to the hotel. If I'm paying for an outfitted hunt, then we better be camped or cabinned right out in or next to the thick of the action. For me the ambiance and comeraderie of camp is as important or more important than the mere killing. You can't enjoy the country from a hotel IMHO.

EKM
Old 08-16-2004, 06:58 AM

What is IMHO? Thanks for your all's replies by the way. Stephen
Old 08-16-2004, 07:43 AM

Lodge only for me
Old 08-16-2004, 09:26 AM

After you pay all this money to be one with nature. . .I would sleep on the trail if the guide can hang.

I think something gets lost if you sleep in a hotel watch HBO and drink cocktails the night before, you get up in the morning, walk the buffet line then have the limo bring you out to the feild.

It is not just about walking up taking a shot and leaving. Get out there enjoy the whole thing.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is IMHO?
In My Honest Opinion , It is more pleasurable in a lodge. Especially at meal time.