Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Peanut Butter

Old 08-04-2004, 08:35 PM

Default Peanut Butter

Has anyone used peanut butter to attract deer? I was reading that peanut butter is the best attract sense to use. Dont know if it is true or not. If its true I will have to get a lot this season.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:26 PM

Default RE: Peanut Butter

yes its true i put it on dry corn on the cob and let it sit and deer will come sooner or later.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

A buddy used to take a small plastic jar of chunky peanut butter, remove the lid and put a screw with a large washer through the underside of the lid and into a tree about 2 1/2 ' off the ground. Then he'd remove the foil seal, screw the jar onto the lid on the tree......and cut the bottom of the jar off............he swore that within a couple days the jar would be empty and spotlessly clean!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats one of my favorite stand snacks.....well...was the first day of rifle season this year....only thing the jelly soaked through the bread....i ate some of my sandwhiches but couldnt take the mess....i made a friend...a little red squirrel...it was freezing windy snowy and icey...he couldnt find anything to eat...he came and sat in my clump of downed trees with me both mornings and ate lunch......dont know if the deer liked it......never heard of deer liking peanut butter.......
Old 08-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I like it, quite frequently as a matter of fact. Squirrels LOVE it. Don't know about deer, I'll give it a whirl and see.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might try it this year, but would that be considered baiting,lol OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN!!LOL
Old 08-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: TURKEY FAN

I might try it this year, but would that be considered baiting,lol OH NO HERE WE GO AGAIN!!LOL
Not if they can't reach it ,
then it's a "food scented attractant" by the laws of most states .

I tried some out last year , plain and mixed with sorghum . I didn't get any results at any time of day .

Might have just needed to shower better ? []
Old 08-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

A while back someone put up a thread about useing Resese peanutbutter cups, and they said it worked very well, I know I like em,
Old 08-05-2004, 08:56 PM

wow peanut butter cups? lol i love em didnt know deer did too. But yea when i was younger i use to put peanutbutter on plastic cups and shoot birds and squirrels.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

I can see the skippy, peter pan and jif flying off the shelves now

Quick Reply: Peanut Butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.