Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

vanilla?

Old 08-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: vanilla?

Shoot em both and have em aged
Old 08-10-2004, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: benhuntin

I use it in my homemade acorn scent. It definatly works better than anything else ive tried. I always put a few drops out when I set up my game cam and have gotten some great shots.
I'll try to post the pics later. Hunt101 seems to be down right now.

@BENHUNTIN...can you let us know how you make your acorn scent...Thanks

Old 08-11-2004, 08:10 AM

round up as many acorns (preferably white oak) as you can find. I usually do a gallon at a time. I chop the acorns up in hand chopper or old blender. Put the acorns in a large pot
and boil for about an hour. Let cool and strain the water. Mix vanilla extract with the water. About 4 oz. per gallon. Then pour in spray bottles or glass container. I use to make it stronger than this but I found that the stronger scent seemed to attract more younger deer like yearling does for some reason. When I lightened up the scent I started getting more bucks to come .
Old 08-11-2004, 11:29 AM

Just curious, are you using green acorns from the tree or picking them up off the ground? Thanks for posting the recipe - I will definitely try it.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: benhuntin

round up as many acorns (preferably white oak) as you can find. I usually do a gallon at a time. I chop the acorns up in hand chopper or old blender. Put the acorns in a large pot
and boil for about an hour. Let cool and strain the water. Mix vanilla extract with the water. About 4 oz. per gallon. Then pour in spray bottles or glass container. I use to make it stronger than this but I found that the stronger scent seemed to attract more younger deer like yearling does for some reason. When I lightened up the scent I started getting more bucks to come .
Thanks so much for the reply benhunting, i will try it and let you know how it works for me..again thanks so much for sharing
Old 08-12-2004, 10:47 AM

i am interested in trying some vanilla now...!!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:58 AM

Dirtbag,

Get some vanilla ice cream if you wnat some now....

Just kidding....

Tom
Old 08-12-2004, 12:00 PM

Dirtbag,

Get some vanilla ice cream if you wnat some now....

ummm... sounds good...!!

lol

Old 08-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gimmme a break, do u think fred bear used vanilla?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

I'm convinced to at least try it for a day or two & see what happens. What's the worst thing that happens...I won't see any deer...again!

Thank guys!

Quick Reply: vanilla?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.