Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Landowner permission

Old 07-26-2004, 02:38 PM

Default Landowner permission

Hi all,

In the past I have seen a form that a hunter could fill out and give to the landowner exempting him from liability in addition to having certain pieces of pertinent information such as hunter contact info, vehicle description, etc...

Would anyone know where I could find a form like that?

thanks,

Beej
Old 07-26-2004, 02:57 PM

Default RE: Landowner permission

I'd like to get a copy of that one also. Anyone have it?
Old 07-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one I use is sorry found that it has moved look at next post for the long way
Good luck
Old 07-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry that way in is not working any more . go to odnr then fish& wildlife then hunting regulations there is a link for permission slip in the deer check list . I down loaded my permission slip data a few months ago they must have changed it
Old 07-27-2004, 07:44 AM

Thanks johnch, I found it. I suppose I can generate my own w/out the Ohio lingo. that works!

Beej
Old 07-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here is Va.'s form, works pretty well.

AFFIDAVIT

The sportsman whose name and address appear on below has promised to use your land for
outdoor recreation in an ethical way. Please read the signed pledge at the bottom for specifics.
In deciding whether or not to allow this person to use your property, please consider that
he/she is putting his/her name and address on the line as assurance that they will abide by your
wishes and conduct themselves as true sportsmen or sportswomen.

PERMISSION TO

I hereby grant the person named above permission to use my property for the above purpose on
the following dates:______________________

Landowner‘s Signature_________________________________

Hunters Name____________________________________

Address_____________________________________

City St. Zip___________________________________

Phone (___ )___-_____

Auto License No. _______________

Driver’s License No._______________

I hereby absolve the landowner of all liability for my person while engaged in recreation on his property.

Signature_________________________________________ _________

SPORTSMAN’S PLEDGE

In return for the privilege of using private property, I agree to:

1. Respect the landowner’s property, going only where he designates and assume liability for my actions
and my person while on this property.
2. Take every precaution against littering and fire.
3. Obey the game, fish, and other wildlife laws.
4. Observe all safety precautions and the traditions of good sportsmanship.

Signature_______________________________________
Old 07-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the one I use:

Hunter’s Liability Disclaimer

In consideration for the right to enter the premises, I hereby release and agree to protect, indemnify and hold harmless _____________ and his or her respective heirs, agents, employees and assigns from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action and damages, including attorneys' fees, resulting from any accident, incident or occurrence arising out of, incidental to or in any way resulting from the use of the premises and all improvements thereon, whether or not caused by land owner’s negligence or gross negligence. This release applies anytime that I am permitted on the premises. I hereby further covenant and agree that I, my heirs, successors and assigns will not make any claim or institute any suit or action at law or in equity against _______________ or his or her respective heirs, agents, representatives, employees, successors or assigns by reason of conditions of the premises or activities occurring thereon.
As used in this release, the terms I, my person and myself include minors in my care while on the leased premises.

Signature of Hunter

Signature Of Land Owner
Old 07-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've got to be honest about these permission papers. There is no Hunters Liability Insurance mentioned, and I wouldn't want anyone on my property that wasn't covered and I'm not sure if these papers would protect the landowner. Different states, different laws, but if someone gets injured on your property with your permission without some sort of protection, you may be liable.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Timber cruiser I know the one from Va. does release a landowner from liability in Va., but like you say, every state is different, it can be worth the money to have a lawyer check out permission forms as far as the validity of them in a court. I for one would never sue a landowner if I got hurt on thier property and would readily accept responsibilty for any damages I may cause, but then again I am from the old school where one takes responsibilty for thier actions!
Old 07-28-2004, 05:43 AM

Unfortunately, even though the forms above say they realease the landowner of any liability, simple, "homemade" releases such as these do not stand up in court and HAVE NOT protected the landowner from being sued for injuries or damages by the guest/visiting hunter. Landowners should INSIST the visiting hunter provided proof of liability insurance before they are permitted on the property. In our "sue first" society, this is sad but true. Just ask VP candidate John Edwards. This type of tort law is how he made his fortune.

Quick Reply: Landowner permission

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.