Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

apple orchird

Old 07-25-2004, 12:28 PM

Default apple orchird

i just got permisson to hunt a apple orchird and was wondering if anyone hunts one and do you have any tips for them

thank matt
Old 07-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: apple orchird

I used to hunt next to a apple orchird ,till the price of apples fell and it was dozed. A great draw , It was bordered on the back side by a old fence line and CPR . I put stands up in the fence line , just had to pick the right stand for the night ,deer entered close to the target tree. Boy is it tough to watch 30 deer with 2-3 good bucks go in 10-20 yds out of range. Like and other site pick a (few) funnels and target them. Apple fed deer is good eating!
Old 07-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea here is a tip.............go kill em!!! Apple orchards are a natural bait, they work great for me, do hunt too close or all those deer will see u if u get busted and will never be the hot spot anymore, they will only come at night.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:47 PM

Orchards are great places to hunt. deer love them. We have 5 or 6 crab apple trees and the deer nail them.

slayer
Old 07-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have deer in the apples all times of the day and even when we run them out they will come right back . Makes a good place to hunt .
Old 07-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well here is an apple question, will the deer only eat the apples after they are ripe?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:08 AM

most the time Taz they wait till they are ripe,
Old 07-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

They eat them both ways around here ,they do go after them more when they are ripe ,but we see them pull green apples off the trees all the time .
Old 07-27-2004, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

One Evening a couple of deer hit my fathers apple trees that were just of age to develop those real sour green aples that are kinda good to eat. Well the next morning, my father is in my room yelling at b/c he said I destroyed his apple trees. A couple of years later my father actually caught some deer eating the apples late at night. He finally said he was sorry. I tease him even today about that. Its pretty funny how mischievous I must have been for my father to yell at me about that.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:42 AM

same here imma hunting an apple archard & most of the apples have fallin off of the trees & i put some buck jam: apple out to keep around a lil bit longer & its work well for now

Quick Reply: apple orchird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.