Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Who makes a good lock-on stand? >

Who makes a good lock-on stand?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who makes a good lock-on stand?

Old 07-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default Who makes a good lock-on stand?

Who makes a good lock-on stand for bow hunting? I'm looking for a good system that will let me lock on a portable stand 15-20 feet high that I can easily and quietly get in and out of in the dark. As a result, I not ony need a good stand but a system to get me to a fairly high elevation. I have a nice API Grandslam portable stand and it might work for this. Stepping over into it, however, when it has been previously attached to the tree, is not the most stable arrangement. To use it, I would need a simple and quiet system to get up and down from it without having to ratchet the stand up the tree before hunting.
What works for you?
Old 07-24-2004, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who makes a good lock-on stand?

My favorite stand to use is my Bear River chain on. They designed the most stable platform I have ever seen. There are no suspension cables at all to get in your way. There is a lower support with pegs that jab into the tree. Unfortunately I can no longer find them. I don't know if they are even made anymore. A shame because I only Paid $49 for it. Had I Known that they would disappear I would have bought half a dozen.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:50 PM

Ive got a few API lock ons that I like really well, and also two gorillas, that are great for the money, and a couple from wal-mart, cant remember the name but they are great for the money but not as stable as the others. Summit has out a few lock ons now that Id like to try this year if I have the extra cash to spend. The new Brutus stands seem rock solid and are definitely worth a look, but I dont own one so not a lot of experience there, Id check out SUMMIT, and the Brutus.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

The best stand made is the Lonewolf Alpha hang-on, but the price is a little higher than the ones the other guys mentioned. They cam lock into the tree for stability and are super quiet.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

For a complete system I'd go with these.

STAND

STEPS

HARNESS (pick one)
Old 07-26-2004, 07:38 AM

you need to know 3 letters API
Old 07-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a really good hang on stand, check out Chippewa Wedgelok, made in WI. You buy extra hang-on pieces and put them up in all the spots you want to hunt, Maybe you'll have 6 or 7 spots you;ll want to hunt, all ready to go. You climb up and in 4 seconds at the most you have a rock solid stand.

They are really good. Check them out www.chippewawedgeloc.com

Good Luck!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:17 AM

I'm a fan of Gorilla's stands, mainly the Baby Gorillas. For $40.00 per stand you can't really pass them up.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:03 AM

I would really shy away from chain ons like livbucks said. Very loud usually. My vote is for Lone Wolf if you can afford it. Pretty spendy, but it's VERY light and easy to put up. Gorialls are good also. I think very comparable to Rivers Edge...also a pretty descent one. I have two of those.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:03 PM

I prefer chain-ons. Much sturdier than any strap-on, IMHO. I use both, and haven't noticed any difference in noise. Of course, I do cover the excess chain in camo duct tape. I like lock-ons with at least a 20x27 platform. My favorite is the Blackwater Creek Binder. Comfy seat...

I have no relationship with BW. Just a happy customer.

Quick Reply: Who makes a good lock-on stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.