Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Clubs?

Old 01-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Clubs?

Buckslayer1 your very lucky wish i could say the same the days of hunting free in ga. are gone.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:24 PM

Holy cow! I hate to say it, but if I had to pay some of those kind of prices to hunt, my hunting days would be over. I am very fortunate to have several pieces of private land that I can hunt without having to pay anything. I looked a that website TXhighrack posted and I couldn't even dream of spending $12K- $14K to hunt. They could have trophy bucks so thick I would trip over them and I still couldn't pay that much for the right to hunt!
Old 01-08-2005, 07:52 PM

davidmor,

I was even surprised by some of the prices. And that 15 grand only allows you to take one trophy buck and one cull bucks, plus hogs, turkey and several nilgai. But for $450,000 you could get a corporate lease which would allow you to take several more trophy class bucks Did you notice how most of the spots on the lease were all booked up, including the corporate leases. For the record I should say that this lease is on a 425,000 acre ranch in one of the best hunting areas in the world.

Personaly, I dont have to pay to hunt but I like to hunt different places and see different ranches, so I have a couple of leases and some years I will book a 5-7 day hunt on various ranches.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: MAKOMAN

My club charges 825.00 per year, this includes use of our 22 +bedroom room house from April to December. 1500 acres land that we lease with access to 1100 more and 70 acre parcel we own. Pently of deer, bear & turkeys. The land we lease is the (TEN MILE RIVER BOY SCOUT CAMP) you might know this land since we live not far from each other.
we just had a recruitment drive, not sure if any spots(bedrooms) are open.
I've heard of the area...can you get me any more info on your club?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:06 PM

My club is $1500 per person for about 2000acres and we have 10-12 people. I love it thoungh You never see anyone and we have some great deer. I have been killin 150 lbs does,200+ bucks and this is in South Alabama.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:57 PM

i am on one 1700+ acres. 360 a year hunt all year round, deer, hogs, turkey, predator, smallgame, and birds. Love the land Oh yea 25 hunters, most are from the houston area and only sho-up for oopening deer season, the first week, then they stay home and i pretty much have the lease to myself me and 2 others get a full 1700acre to hunt. sure is NICE hunting with city boys =)
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 PM

Our club general membership dues is $30 and to hunt 900 acres of lease land is $250.

I was asked last year to buy in on a duck blind site for $7,500 a year. I said "no thank you"
Old 05-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a membership at a local sportsmen's club - $25/year ($150 initial contribution) - 2000 members. They stock a big lake full of fish and have a rifle range. No hunting land.

I was always relatively pleased with the management, and the price. Where else can you sight in your guns and catch 17" trout & hordes of catfish for 25 bucks??

I did get angry the other day, and I'd like some feedback on this one:

Spring turkey season started Saturday, so I trucked over to the gun range on Thursday night to pattern my gun on the range (which is located right next to the lake). So, this cocky youngster tells me that I'm not allowed to shoot my shotgun on the range. I laughed it off, and strolled back there. (I've been shooting my turkey gun there for 10 years)

So, I get one round fired out, and here comes the cavalry, yelling and screaming b/c I was shooting on the range. Apparently, they didn't want to upset the fishermen with the sounds of guns going off, so they closed the range for the first two weeks of trout season.

There were no signs posted, nothing to indicate that the range was closed.

So, after a colorful debate (screaming match) with two sloppy drunk Trustees, I am in the process of being banned from the premises for 30-90 days.

Who in the world closes the gun range the week before spring turkey season?? Where else am I gonna go to shoot my gun?? For cryin' out loud, that's why I pay my dues!

It's no big loss, b/c I'm done fishing, and my guns are all sighted in, but I was just a little upset that they would have such a silly rule.

Do you guys think I was in the wrong here??? I don't like to stir the mud, but when I know I'm right, I will stand behind my opinion.

The gun range opens again on Saturday (the day after they stock a truckload of fish). How does that make a lick of sense??
Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't imagine having to pay to hunt. WV has so many WMA's and some of them don't get hunted all that hard. I've seen some really nice bucks taken off them. The one I hunted for several years has over 10,000 acres. I hunt mostly on private property now because it's closer home and all the landowners are hunter friendly. Some of the WMA's have fishing lakes that get stocked with trout through the winter months and also have gun ranges. All you need is a WV hunting and fishing license.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:14 PM

The club I'm in totals 4000 acres.. and costs $2000 a year... for that we have deer, ducks, hogs, and small game.. also we have fantasic fishing.. we are on the Mississippi River just north of Vicksburg,MS... We have 30 memebers of which maybe 15 hunt reguarly....

Quick Reply: Hunting Clubs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.