Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need some help

Old 07-12-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Need some help

This gun season I will be going to southern ohio to hunt with my cousin on his property. I have never been there and dont know what its like. I need to know how I should go around hunting that area. All I know is that its about 160 acres and there is one maybe 2 nice sized fields. Before gun season we will be going down there a few time with bow. So I will scout a little then. So how should I hunt that area? I dont know if this is enough information but it's all I know about the land. Should I do some calling? Stay in one place or walk it? I have a distress call that has work one time for me 2 does came looking but I have tried it since and nothing came from it.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:33 AM

Default RE: Need some help

dont worry about calls always carry a grunt call though but i wouldnt sit in one area and call is what i mean, try your hardest to get down before bow season and walk it, if not walk it during bow season
Old 07-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that your best bet would be to find a funnell. Look for bedding and feeding areas and then find the piece of timber that connects them. If you could find a topo map of the area using gps coordinates it would make it alot easier. I personally like terraserver.com. It's managed by microsoft and it's free.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would be calling to see if I could get a topo map and the most recent aerial photo I could find.