Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Stand Plan

Old 07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tree Stand Plan

Does anybody have a, or know where I can get a treestand plan. I want to build a sturdy stand along a creek where I huint. If you have one,send it to [email protected]
Old 07-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree Stand Plan

this should help you out. tree stand ideas
Old 07-07-2004, 11:43 AM

Shootem up870,

I just built the ladder tree stand you included on this link. It's going to be great one. I have to make some final additions like camo burlap on the sides so only my head will show, and other some minor changes.

Thanks for giving me the idea. If anyone has any questions, I just built this stand but have not yet placed it onto a tree. It is a little heavy, but then again, so am I.

Tom
Old 07-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds good tomster. about how heavy is it?? what is the overall length also? i sure would like to make one now that i found out a neighbor of mine has a welder
Old 07-08-2004, 06:22 AM

Shootem up870,

I built the ladder tree stand completely out of wood. I used four long 2x4's to make up the ladder railing. Two were 12 footers and the other two were 8 footers. The two 12 footers were pressure treated and make up the lower section. I overlapped the 12 and 8 footers by two feet, so the overall length is 18 feet. All other 2x4x8's went into making the steps and the base plus seat. I picked up a plastic boat seat which I screwed into as the seat. I used screws and mails to attached the wood to the rails.

Since I built it out of wood, it's a little heavy, but that's ok.

Where I'm placing it on my property, it's a funnel area and 4 trails come into one. I will put the stand on my pickup and drive it as close as possible to the tree. Then a friend will help me move it and setup, but once it's there, that's it for the season.

To finish it off, I will use some camo for the sides and removable for the front. Also, I will add a chain and lock around the V where the stand meets the tree. I also may stain it gray.

I see deer there every year so I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Also during Archery, I see some nice 9 and 10 pointers chasing the does.

Tom
Old 07-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

If you are going to stain it, do it at least a month before opening day so the ordor will be mostly gone and the deer will be used to it.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds good tomster! i hope you get one of them deer you have been seeing. any chance you can use a 4 wheeler with a long trailer to get it close to the tree you want?
Old 07-08-2004, 04:02 PM

You probably could, but you could also put wheels on it or put it on something with wheels and pull it along. I'll take some picks when it is finished.

Jim, thanks for the himt about the stain.

Tom
Old 07-29-2004, 11:36 PM

hi i was just wondering if anyone knows of a web site where i could get free blueprints on how to build a wooden tree stand.if anyone know please e-mail me the site at [email protected] thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 08:01 AM

Print this out........

But truthfully, you can by a metal ladder for almost less than it will cost you to build one out of treated lumber. You can find some 14' and 16' ladder stands at cabela's and other places, even wal-mart has a $99 stand.

Quick Reply: Tree Stand Plan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.