Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Elimination

Old 06-17-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Scent Elimination

I was just wondering what, if anything else, I could do to help eliminate scent. First I wash everything that can be washed in scent eliminating detergent and hang them out to dry. Then when I get up in the morning I take a shower with scent eliminating soap. I leave my truck windows cracked year round as to not get any musty smell and spray it down with a scent eliminater. I never wear the boots I'm going to wear in the woods until I'm going in the woods nor do I put all my heavy clothes on walking to my stand to avoid sweating as much as possible. Is there anything I'm missing?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:53 PM

Default RE: Scent Elimination

wind
Old 06-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent Elimination

I think that you are doing pretty good on the scent elimination, and as Whtelk saidWIND!
The only other thing you could do is go to an odor eliminator suit. I personally don't use one, but I have nothing against them either!
I generally just use scent shield, baking soda, good hygiene, and pay close attention to the wind. If you are not watching the wind, you're gonna get busted, even with the latest and greatest scent eliminators!