Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ladder stand recommendation

Old 06-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ladder stand recommendation

ORIGINAL: GroundHunter

I have two of these I ordered last year, and love them. 16' to bottom platform, and it has a flip up seat, which is great for bow hunting. Platform is spacious. Not very expensive for what you get, and it's very sturdy. (I'm 255 #'s).

Whitetail extreme 16'
Those had caught my eye. Glad to hear someone recommends them.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:28 PM

I recently built one using a 24' extention ladder and a home made wooden platform. After working the entire process I have to agree with the majority of the posts - purchase one. I'm going to use mine in the backyard, but if I had to carry it any distance I would be a hurting puppy! Main challenge of purchasing one for me was height, but there seems to be a few 20' options out there as of late.

Good Luck,
MD Piney
Old 06-12-2004, 09:25 PM

Here's one I built last year from galvanized conduit. I built 5 for a little over $100. 3/4 IMC conduit you can get it at any electrical store.

Old 06-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hawgman - Cabela's has a 15 ft stand that has a seat that lifts up so you can stand up and the foot portion of the stands go all the way to the tree. The largest I have seen. It sells for about $115 and and if you have a Cabelas store they run them on sale for $99.00.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

remington_nc, nice homemade stand, but wouldn't you agree that it would have been a better investment to just buy one? Yours looks like it is about 12', no comfortable seat, no shooters bar, etc.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

I'm looking at two options. There is a 20 feet two person stand at bass Pro that I'm looking at. Can't remember, but it may be 18 foot. Also, I have'nt seen it with my own eyes yet, but I'm looking into the new Summit Ladder stand. Mega Sampson I think it's called. Looks like a goody!

J
Old 06-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: remington_nc

Here's one I built last year from galvanized conduit. I built 5 for a little over $100. 3/4 IMC conduit you can get it at any electrical store.

How are the steps attached?
Old 06-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Bass Pro Shops has one on sale for Father's Day for around $50.00 or so. It will hold 300 lbs.

I have one and will try it out this year.
Matt
Old 06-16-2004, 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

remington_nc, nice homemade stand, but wouldn't you agree that it would have been a better investment to just buy one? Yours looks like it is about 12', no comfortable seat, no shooters bar, etc.
No I think I came out alot cheaper. As far as a comfy seat I have a few air cushions I use and as for rails, these stands are in the woods and I never needed a rail for close shots. I am gonna modify a couple of these stands with rails for use in fields and places where a long shot might be neded. I could put rails on it for less than $10 easy.

Hawgnman, These stands are welded togther.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are most of these ladder stands steel? Do any makers use aluminum? I know the aluminum (if available) is going to be more expensive, but does anybody know of a lightweight aluminum stand they could recommend? Price? Weight?

Quick Reply: Ladder stand recommendation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.