Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 05-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-19-2004, 08:09 AM

Default RE: Share Your Summit Tree Stand Opinions

Ifferd

I have one that is about 7 yrs old and i never really liked it, I dont remember the name but it had a problem gripping to slick bark hardwoods, also fairly loud and not real comforttorable, i bought a API and sonce bought a second and love them, much quieter and more comfortorable, my 2 cents
Old 05-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

I've owned the Viper XLS for about a year now and it's nice but has its flaws. It's the older model (not the X4 series) and the foot straps are a pain. The climber portion cable also tends to clang on the way up the tree. Climbing trees hasn't been a problem, although I try to stay away from tulip trees and other slick hardwoods. Nothing grips better than the Tree Lounge I came off of, but nothing is heavier than the Lounge either.

The X4 series solves the problem of the cable clang and adds stirrups instead of foot "bungees". I plan to buy a new one eventually since I've been relatively happy with the old Viper despite these flaws.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:04 PM

I have the Goliath that I bought last year and hunted all season with it. Previously I had used several ladder type stands.
At 280 lbs, I wouldn't climb in any of the lightweight modes.

I really like the Goliath. It is very comfortable to sit in for hours. Sets up easy and is fairly quiet if you are careful. Once in position, when you strap down the top portion it is rock stable. It is not lightweight but is fairly comfortable to carry and again it's quiet if you are carefull.

I wish there was an easy way to 'strap' down the foot portion but I have gotten use to it.

I would recommend it and my friends that use the XL Viper like their's also though I'm told the Goliath is more stable.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:46 PM

I bought a Summit BushMaster a few years ago and I think that the quality is very good. The thing that I don't like about the stand is that it doesn't have a back rest or a shooting rail. At the time that I bought it, I just didn't do a whole lot of shopping around so I really didn't know which options I would want...
I would recommend a Summit treestand, but my advice would be to buy one that at least has a back rest.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which did/do you own? Bushmaster XLS and a Viper XLS

What do you think of them? I love them both. I feel rock solid hanign 30 feet up and don't have a bad thing to say about them. I've killed plenty of deer out of the Bushmaster and a couple from the Viper, but both are superb stands. I've only hade experience with two other manufactures( API and Warren & Sweat) and neither was as good a stand as Summit produces in my opinion.

Would you recommend them? Absolutely!
Old 05-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Viper XLS and thus far I like it. I am probably going to get another climber, but think I will get a Buckshot this time as a spare.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

I've used a ViperXLS for about 6 or 7 years. I spent alot of time reserching climbing stands when I bought this one and it seemed like the best at the time. The bungees that slip over your heels are a bit of a pain but other than that I don't have any complaints. The only other stand I considered was the Tree Lounge. While the Lounge was easier to climb with, and more comfortable to sit in, I didn't like the standing platform being as far away from the tree as it was. There was too much spring in the stand when I stood up and I like being closer to the tree when I stand than this stand allows. I spent a whole day in my Summit ( that is sun up to quitting time.) on many days and I have always felt secure and comfortable in it. I would reccommend this stand to anyone who asked.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned a Cobra for 3 years and like it. As everyone else has said the bungess are a pain but I think I might buy the stirrups this year to cure that problem. I also think I might just buy the Viper XLS top piece from Summit so I can have a gun rest for gun season and a little more security with the bar around the front. I recommend Summit stands to anyone looking for a good climber.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.