Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Illegal hunting on TV!!!

Old 05-15-2004, 08:37 PM

Default RE: Illegal hunting on TV!!!

it is legal in Utah. Interesting first I had ever heard of it. hmm
Old 05-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is a man made law, and this law has nothing to due with a hunters ethics whatsoever.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about: "Jim - I can see you across the valley, the 12 point is bedded to your downhill to your left left, about 50 yards out - get ready - I'll whistle and see if I can get it to stand up.................bang"

I'm sure the intent of the law is to avoid stuff like this - I'm not sure how easy it would be to enforce - do they have to tape the conversation? How do they verify who is talking?

Anyhow - I doubt there is much enforcement going on - or even needed.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Radios can be a big help on drives. The drivers start clicking away on their radios when they get deer moving, and the standers know when to really pay attention.

I don't use radios at all, I hunt alone mostly. If I hunt with someone, its stand hunting.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, some of the hunting shows aren't really much more than guys sitting in blinds shooting animals that are one step away from livestock. They may even be behind high fences. In NH, where I used to live, you didn't even need a hunting license to shoot animals (Except bird species) in that situation. Obviously you didn't have to follow any other Game laws either.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was an article about Babe in the Sunday paper here in Wisconsin, as Minnesota is our neighbor this was big news.

Anyway a rep from the WI DNR said that we can use a radio to say "hey dad, big buck coming your way" but we can not say "Hey dad, I just shot a big buck, can you come over and tag him?"

In WI you must be within shouting or visual range of another hunter in order to harvest a deer for him in our "party hunting" rules.

I was surprized I thought we were the same as mn, that it can only be used for saftey issues.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah who cares! If all they were doing is using 2-way radios then let it be. There are a heck of alot of worst things that happen. JMO
Old 05-18-2004, 11:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-18-2004, 12:07 PM

i would be more concerned about things like driving the deer. what is hunting about that? a hunter sits and waits till someone pushes a deer in front of him. geesh!!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

In our state radios are legal but must not be used in any way to assist in taking game. Its sort of a joke though as when people have them they are pretty apt to misuse them.

Quick Reply: Illegal hunting on TV!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.