Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

open fields act

Old 04-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default open fields act

since I can't add to the original post I will do it here. While I love the state programs that add hunting fishing access I won't support it on a national level. Federal government shouldn't have fingers in what I think is a state issue
Old 04-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: open fields act

Jorgy, you already do weather you realize it or not. What about the federal gov't using our brian/pittman fund to reintroduce wolves in yellowstone? The feds have a way of tightening the noose around the states to force them to act on an issue or loose federal funding. Thats what aggravates the he!! out of me that the Hilliarys back east make decisions that effect us back here in montana, now that is down right scary. Sorry didn't mean to vent. [:@] Bobby
Old 04-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bobby, I totally agree and it makes me sick the things that the federal government does that it has NO legal basis to do.
Old 04-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be nice if someone had a way to read this act rather than just blindly support it . Sounds like from what little info that was given it would be an infringement on private property rights . I'm sure that there are a lot of people that wouldn't go for it .
Old 04-22-2004, 01:11 PM

Definitely not interested in this bill. Just more big brother butting in. Beings that I own the land, it is I who will determine who hunts on it and who don't. I can't imagine them being able to top the dollar amount that some receive in leases already either. This sounds like a couple of senators that were denied access somewhere.