Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-05-2002, 11:07 PM
Spike

Default RE: busted on stand, stay there tomarrow or move???

I feel if this is a food plot the deer in the area are hitting hard they will be back and yes it will be worth a try. And yes moving to a different entrance to the food plot or maybe back into the woods a little like you said, get high as you can and have a back drop. Might want to invest in a whisker biscuit arrow rest I use one and like it alot. The arrow will not fall off for nothing. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 01-06-2002, 03:58 PM

I think you are doing the right thing by moving and getting higher in your stand.There is nothing worse in my book then an educated dominant doe.Good Luck.Let us know how you do.
Old 01-06-2002, 05:30 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Today, for the first time I sat a stand near a food plot where I was sure I'd see deer. Sure enough at 11:20 5 does came in with the wind in my favor. Unfortunately the lead doe spotted me right quick and well before I had a shot. I kept still and avoided eye contact, hoping to let her pass and take one toward the rear. She stomped once then moved on, but kept looking back at me. It's tough to fool 4 sets of eyes, but I finally got a chance and drew, but the arrow popped off the nock and they saw me let off. The did not snort or explode out of there but did flag and move well out and around me. I was only at 12 feet due to the thick brush. Now, should I try again tomarrow?? I have a tree about 40 yards further up the hill where shot will be more clear and I can get to 25 feet. Do you think they will avoid the area tomarrow or is it worth the trip???

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 01-06-2002, 05:36 PM

Whisker biscut works real good.

SOTHRDNK
Old 01-06-2002, 05:44 PM

Hey dutch do not go back to the same tree stand.Go find an area 50yds.or more the way they came in.Go up at least 25 to 30ft.Don't think it's to high.The only thing is I hope you have practiced shooting that high.You will shoot 8in to 1ft high.Let me know how you make out gold fingers
Old 01-06-2002, 06:20 PM

[quote]
Hey dutch do not go back to the same tree stand.Go find an area 50yds.or more the way they came in.Go up at least 25 to 30ft.Don't think it's to high.The only thing is I hope you have practiced shooting that high.You will shoot 8in to 1ft high.Let me know how you make out gold fingers
[/quote

Gold Fingers

Yes, the hit, from that height will be a bit higher, but You want it to be higher, because the exit will be so low because of the angle.

Dutch

If I were going back the next day, I would use another site. Even if I am not busted, I never like to use the same site more than 2 or so times a week.
Old 01-06-2002, 06:44 PM

I agree that you should go to your other tree. When the deer come out they will be looking for you to be in the same tree they saw you in.
Old 01-06-2002, 08:58 PM

i would move to another tree...but not far
Old 01-07-2002, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dutch as others have said, changing your stand for tomorrow is important, but if you get a chance to take the dominat doe, take her, she will bust you a lot more often than the younger ones and they get smarter as they get older.

The Tazman