Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boaring Off Season

Old 03-23-2004, 08:08 AM

Default Boaring Off Season

Anyone else agree or is it just me.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:48 AM

Default RE: Boaring Off Season

Yea, it can get that way.[>:]

But my scouting this winter has been great. My most important hunting decisions come in Feb - Thru - June.

The last 5 or 6 good deer I have taken have been from decisions made this time of year.

Just this weekend I had a few hours of that ole hunting rush as I stumbled onto a perfect gameplan and area. It all fell together and I flaged some killer trees

Had the ole heart thumping - as the "Big Picture" revieled itself. This was my 5th trip into that area, and I had about 20 hrs invested into it without finding a real good gameplan to hunt it. Then Sunday - WACK - SWEEEET.

Gonna be some hurtin going down next October
Old 03-23-2004, 09:37 AM

im ready myself

Old 03-23-2004, 11:03 AM

Definately the time of year to be in the woods looking for sign. Rub lines, ground scrapes and stand locations... I tend to move to the deer every year, because the area changes. I don't find a spot and only hunt that year after year!

I have about 11 stands on my 60 acres in Michigan... Plus, getting out there gets the blood pumping. Lets you get the winter blah's out...
Old 03-24-2004, 06:51 AM

cutting shooting lanes this weekend
Old 03-24-2004, 08:11 AM

It has been dragging on for myself too. I bought a new bow, so I'm just that much more pumped up to really start shooting. Not to mention that I can't wait to see what kind of damage I can do with it. I was out shed hunting on Sat and although I didn't find any....again , I did find a rub that was on a 5 3/4" tree that was atleast 2 1/2 feet long. Like someone said, got the heart pumping as to what type of animal did that.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

i just totally redid my muzzleloader.....refinished the stock....blackend all the brass......put on fiber optic sights.....put in a new touchhole......put in a new frizzen that took alot of lockwork to get to work how it should because i bought a better one not made for my gun.....put in sling studs and a sling....started that in january.....came out just how i wanted it too.....now its a TC/mauser06 custom lol......now im getting ready to start shooting it......i plan to put a few hundred rounds through her before october......trout fishings been keeping me busy too.....then spring turkey....then summer catfishing and camping.....and a hole lot of money making.....so i can take off most of hunting season again lol.......last year it killed me so i want to get alot of money banked during the summer this year.....then when we get back to school next year and the temps start to drop ill start my scouting......cant wait.....but i am keeping busy......my life doesnt revolve around deer season......i love to deer hunt and scout ALOT....but i love to trout fish turkey hunt and small game hunt.....im busy all year.....except in the summer besides fishing......fall will be here before we know it.....9 weeks of school left......then summer....which flys by like nothing......
Old 03-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yea its been a long boring winter. I am going to try to build a small cabin on my land this summer for Deer season in the fall. I have been working up loads for some new rifles but need some nice days to test for groups and chronographing. I will do a lot of fishing starting soon. Didn't get into ice fishing much this year.
Old 03-29-2004, 08:17 PM

Even though hunting season is my favorite time of year, I stay pretty busy year round. I put in extra hours at work now, so I can afford to have some time off come October. I also help coach my son's baseball team. But bow season cannot get here soon enough!
Old 03-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Watching the deer this time of year is a cool thing - they are so calm. Everyday while tending to the horses in the evening, they come out in the pasture. I've stalked within bow range on more than one occassion - they just stand there and look at me with the expression on their faces - "Dude, you know it's not bow season, why you so surprised we're standing here watching you walk right up to us?" Gotta love deer.

Ahh, but spring is here. Steelies running up the river, turkey right around the corner, then warm weather...... oh yeah. Never gets boring.

Quick Reply: Boaring Off Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.