Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Largest 6 pointer

Old 03-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Largest 6 pointer

Just curious what is the biggest score you have heard of for a 6 pointer? I have a buddy who shot one last season which we rough scored at 148. It is basically missing it's G2's and has 13 inch G3's. It also has an inside spread of 27.5 inches! Big mass to go with a 263lbs dressed body as well.

I am trying to get him to get it officially scored as I'm sure it would rank as the biggest 6 pointer ever in Ontario.

I've searched the net but can't find any scores specific to 6 pointers.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Largest 6 pointer

never heard of a 6 pt that is anywhere near that size, not even half.

how old was the deer?
Old 03-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Banned

there was one shot here year before last he field dressed 243 lbs. he had a 28 inch inside spread ill be happy to send you a pic of it if you like just email me your addy
Old 03-16-2004, 03:11 PM

I saw a picture of one taken in Washington County, PA this year. If I recall correctly it scored ~130". It was taken by a youth hunter. Picture was at a Gander Mountain.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:00 PM

OntElk, do you have pictures of that thing? I would love to see it. Where abouts are you from in Ontario?
Old 03-16-2004, 04:13 PM

at our local shop the biggest 6 pointer in Illinois is mounted up there but I forgot what it scored I will have to ask next time
Old 03-16-2004, 04:48 PM

Mna that is a big six pointer. I live in PA and for the last 2 years weve had to watch what we shoot. Last year I saw the biggest 4 pointer I ever seen. I'd say he was 18-20 inches wide and really high and also alot of mass to his rack. But this deer was not shootable cuz he didnt have 3 point to a side. Which is a good idea that PA has now, but I'm just sayin that would be a good deer to shoot to get them genes out of the herd.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Pictures on the way. He just has to get it scanned somewhere. It was taken in Central Ontario. It really is a sight. I held the mount. It is basically has 2 long, wide, thick main beams with just 1 long tine on each side. brow tines are pretty decent as well.

I am told there woul be a couple of inches of deductions because the tines aren't exactly the same both sides but it is pretty good typical frame.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:15 PM

Ontelk - sounds like an incredible animal. I was hunting near the Vermillion Bay area a few years ago and I saw an awesome six. Not as big as the one you just described, but thick and a basic frame 6, with no brow tines ever grown, although not real wide. I let him pass, as the arrangement was 4 per side, or beyond the ears. An extremely good looking specimen...good genes for sure!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I killed a six pointer a couple of yrs back that had a fairley decent rack . .no brow tines. He was a really heavy one although I didnt weigh him , the butcher said he was the biggest he had done that yr . When you concider that it was the end of the season and they did about 40 a week that was saying something. I wish I had of weighed him.

Quick Reply: Largest 6 pointer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.