Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

man i love the woods

Old 02-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default man i love the woods

I dont know how to explain it. I love being in the woods. Even when I am not hunting. Being in the woods beats any beer buzz you can get. You feel like you are in a different world. Away from the headaches of real life.
PS. I am not smokeing the green stuff when I am in the woods.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: man i love the woods

I love being in the woods, too. It's a lot of fun just to get out. But, it's a whole different feeling when you have that weapon in your hands. It is exhilirating just to get out and interact with the wildlife, though.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:26 PM

agreed. theres no place I'd rather be than exploring new places on our property..wondering if anyone has ever stepped foot where you are right now, then its sometimes crazy you see a 50 year old pop can in the middle of nowhere along ways from your camp. I always just pick a spot from the camp yard and head straight in that direction, and you'll come upon something that just takes your breath away, like a huge marsh you never knew was there. The dogger at our camp has been dogging now for about 6-7 years and hes come upon this one apple field in the middle of the bush (up north-big uninhabited woods) only 3 times, and whenever he tries to find it he can never find it again, but he says when he comes upon it its just amazing. theres an open field maybe like 30 feet with an apple tree right in the middle. I told him he should mark it on his gps!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:47 PM

I also love being in the woods. My two favorite times to be in the woods is when i have either my 30-30 or my 870 in my hands looking for deer or turkey. Or w/o a gun driving because that means I already have my buck on the roof of the car.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:06 PM

I totally agree when i'm in the woods nothing is going on in the world just u and nature nothing else is important. It's the greatest feeling in the world.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

I too love being in the woods. It always makes me think back of past hunts and the ones to come. My new found joy when being in the woods, is looking at it through my dads eyes while my sons are discovering the great new things the outdoors has to offer. Its a blast watching them discover and learn.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

PS. I am not smokeing the green stuff when I am in the woods.
i think you are
Old 02-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I enjoy it, but at times like this it is a little hectic. Just sold $1.1 million in timber and have close to $6 million left to go this year.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

That why I left the concret jungle and came out here. The nearest traffic light is 75 miles away, I love it like that. Bobby
Old 02-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Amen brother !
The woods is my all time fave place to be too .

Quick Reply: man i love the woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.