Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Sad   Deer  Situation  IN  My Back  Yard >

Sad Deer Situation IN My Back Yard

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sad Deer Situation IN My Back Yard

Old 02-12-2002, 03:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Sad Deer Situation IN My Back Yard

There is 3000 acres of prime deer habitate behind my house.The guy who owns it is a land monger who buys land and sits on it for years then sells it for a huge profit.He sells it for landfills ,industries or highpriced developements. In 1989 he bought this land for 700,000 he sold it for 70,000 a acre to a developer who is going to build 2500 high priced cardboard boxes.They will all look alike and be bought by yuppie city slickers,in debt to the hilt.The guy did not allow hunting on this property he is a peta member.The deer population is huge.I could not grow anything in my yard,they ate it all including ripping the grapevines right off the walls of my house.Now what are the deer going to do withthat 3000 acres being made in to cardboard and asphalt.That idiot loves the deer so much he will now let them starve to death because of the loss of habitate. They are destroyng anything I plant in my yard.strip the bark of my fruit trees eat the bird seed,just incredible. I have been trying to help them and keep them away from my grape vines by feeding them corn and roasted soybeans over the winter.It has helped ,is keeping them away from my plants.But I went thru 2000Lbs a feed so far this year.But look at the PICS 90 and 89.One is before the development and one is after the development. This was done in 3 months.Id like to hang all money grabbing developers.
www.community.webshots.com/user/cardeer51, Click on Midnight and go to PICS 90 & 89 click to enlarge.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:13 AM

Default RE: Sad Deer Situation IN My Back Yard

Do the deer herd a favor and instead of feeding them, shoot as many as you legally can. Once you shoot your limit, invite some hunting buddies over and let them fill their tags also. You can't feed them enough to help the herd, they'll just multiply more.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wish I could ,no nuntin allowed on his property and as soon as people see anyone huntin around my house they call the cops.These new city slicker neighbors are a bunch of yuppie panty waste.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:32 AM

that's got to make you sick. thanks for reminding me why I moved to the boonies.
Old 02-12-2002, 05:50 AM

Thats the way these anti's think,let the deer die a natural way by starving to death.And they claim to be helping the deer survive.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Give it some time CD... as soon as those new neighbors see all of their $20,000 shrubbery and landscaping being "ruined" by the deer they will change their tune.

It is just sad to see the loss of habitat.
Old 02-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-12-2002, 08:06 AM

I agree with [ critter] thats why we live back in the mountains..
Old 02-12-2002, 09:16 AM

I feel your pain. I see urban development all around my neighborhood and townships and it makes me sick. As I type this, they're building a new house behind my house in the woods that I grew up in! Thankfully, there is a 33-odd acre patch that is not touched. Still has a few good hunting spots and I try to get out there a few times a year. I've contemplated buying it and developing some good trails and food plots.

-Mike
Old 02-12-2002, 09:31 AM

This is a fear of mine also. I live on a dead end street in a very small town. The elderly lady across the street owns the 400 acres beyond the street. It is full of deer and is an equal mix of hardwoods and corn/soybean fields. I'm afraid when she dies her children will sell the land to a developer. I'm thinking about asking if she will sell at least part of it to me. If she sells it to me the land will never be developed!!

Dan Blair

Quick Reply: Sad Deer Situation IN My Back Yard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.