Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How many people shoot Winchester ammo? >

How many people shoot Winchester ammo?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many people shoot Winchester ammo?

Old 02-10-2004, 11:56 PM

Default How many people shoot Winchester ammo?

I work for Olin Winchester and was just wondering.
At our monthly meeting today, we were told that in 1998 we made roughly 450 million rounds of rifle and pistol. The forcast for this year is 900 million(150 million rifle and 750 million pistol). The last 2 years have been all time records. They are moving the rimfire part to get cheaper wages. Shotshell will probably be next because they keep saying the market is flat.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many people shoot Winchester ammo?

I shoot them. I tried a lot of different bullets when I bought my new Browning A-bolt in 7mm-08. (Different guns just seem to like some bullets better than others) The bullets it grouped best with were just basic 140 grain Winchester Power points. 1 inch groups at 100 yards.

I also use Wichester Supreme 3 inch No. 5 magnum turkey loads when turkey hunting. They patterned the best by far for me and are absolutely deadly on gobblers.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:22 AM

I shoot nothing but winchester in shotgun.. rest of my family only using winchester in there rifles..
Old 02-11-2004, 05:35 AM

I shoot only Winchester,in my rifles and shootguns.243,22,22mag. and 12ga;20ga;and 410.

they preform best for me,don't know bout others.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:09 AM

I regularly purchase the Winchester rifled slugs for my Mossberg 500 shotgun. Also, I sometimes purchase Winchester rounds for my Savage 30-06. But for some reason I tend to use Remmington Boat Tail bullets in the 30-06, 165 grain. The Remmington's tend to perform better, even though I regularly try the Winchesters. Do you know if Winchester makes a Boat Tail or now Remmington calls it AccuTip bullet?? I partially answered my own quesion by going on your website. But according to your website, they do make a bullet called AccuBond Boat Tail but only in 180 grain. I tend to only use the 165 grain bullet. Does Winchester plan on making this bullet in 165 grain in the future since I would love to try it out? Also, I did note that I tend to have more smoke from the Winchesters than the Remmingtons

Let me know about the 165 grain AccuBonds...

T
Old 02-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

have been shooting 'chester slugs thru my shotgun along with other brands, but will be exclusively winchester from now on

birdshot usually depends on what is on sale

I aslo have been buying winchesters for my Rem 7600 (.270) - also get PMP for it for target shooting because they are cheap - winchesters to hunt with though
Old 02-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Winchester cxp2's all the way. I have never shot a more accurate round out of my .270
Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 AM

i shoot there shotgun shells, but Hornady Rifle shells
Old 02-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I use Winchester for most of my target practice, both pistol and shotgun slugs.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:17 AM

I use nothing but winchester ammo. The best IMO

Quick Reply: How many people shoot Winchester ammo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.