Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What do you do with your antlers >

What do you do with your antlers

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you do with your antlers

Old 02-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default What do you do with your antlers

Hello
After having read the post on antlers or meat, I was wondering what do you do with the antlers?
I've never thrown away a set of antlers from a buck I've taken, and I can't honestly tell you how many bucks I've taken with a bow. The first room you enter as you come in my house is filled with mounted deer heads, racks on plaques, skulls with racks, as well as other mounts and rugs.(I have a very understanding wife) Strangers often wonder if I'm a taxidermist. Some antlers I have set up for rattling. Some are simply in storage. And I often have wondered what I could do with them that was creative.
My pastor who has taken a number of nice bucks, simply discards the antlers. And I'm like, your kidding me!

So what is it that you folks do with yours?

Dan
Old 02-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you do with your antlers

I usually hang them on the wall in the garage. Nothing fancy but then I can at least look at them and remember the hunt and the animal. Whether its a small spike from my early days or a 10 pointer that was just shy of Pope and Young. I feel I owe it to the animal rather than discarding or throwing them in a box somewhere. I am taking a few 8 pointer racks I harvested and making candle holders for my fireplace mantle.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:00 AM

i have some sets mounted, and everything else is put in with all my sheds in a building for storage. I have a few shed antlers that i have carved out for decoration but other than that all i really do with them is collect.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:26 AM

Made a lamp out of some sets of antlers and the rest are hanging in my garage.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:04 AM

A friend, taxidermist, mounted the Beatty buck, he sent the rack away to have a mold of it...
i just hang mine in the garage. unless I get a really nice one , then it is mounted.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:39 PM

I've got a collection of small basket racks that sits on a work bench in my back room. Never really thought much about what I could do with them. Thought about maybe doing something like Cardeer and make some cardeer necklaces out of them. Don't know if they would bring the same luck as the one he sent me. But it's a thought.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just have mine laying around,I guess I'll hang them some where someday.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:16 AM

I have mine hanging on the walls in my basement.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:35 AM

Old 02-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Banned

generally speaking..nothing.

Quick Reply: What do you do with your antlers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.