Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

shunk in trap now what

Old 01-19-2004, 08:59 AM

Default RE: shunk in trap now what

This assumes you are using a Hav-a-Hrt or similar live catch trap.
Pick up a small tarp or poncho, and hold it in front of you. Very slowly and carefully walk towards the trap, then slowly lay the parp over the trap. You might need to cut a slit in the tarp so you can get to the handle of the trap. Then carry the trap to where ever you want to release the skunk, you can even load it carefully into a pickup bed. To release the skunk, you can tie a rope to the door. Hit the release, and slide a stick or something under the door, so it doesn't latch. Then you can pull the rope and open the door from a distance. You will probably need to leave the door open for several minutes before the skunk will emerge, although sometimes they come out quickly.
My company does a lot of nuisance animal trapping, and this is the method my techs use. The only person ever sprayed was a friend who trapped a skunk at his parents house. He picked up a large tarp to cover the trap, and tripped over it. He fell with his face about four feet from the trap, and the skunk let him have it, right in the face! He like to have never lived it down!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot it in the head with a 22, then skin it , sell the pelt and the essence. Or just use it your self to trap trap some cannines for their pelts. Use it as a cover scent while deer hunting, though I wouldnt. In either case good luck.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

blow its littl head off wate 2 days after that the smell will b gone
Old 01-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-19-2004, 02:20 PM

Skunks are red/green color blind. If you wear a red shirt, you can walk right up to him and let him out, he'll never spray or get upset. Sometimes they won't even see you and will turn around and look the other way. Just kneel down and let him out if he does that.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:16 PM

from personal exp. head shots dont always work [X(]- man due they stink-nature's lil quirk-- id try covering it then letting it go. good luk! let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:39 PM

This is funny
Reminds me of the time we were on the job site haveing lunch and the insane isylum(sp) had all the nuts outside doing a some clean-up work in the comunnity.
The boss was yelling ,,,NOOoooooo dont,,,while 25 of them were chasing this skunk around with brooms and shovels

FYI...the skunk won
Old 01-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

get some heavy fishing line and a big tuna hook. hook the trap and tie the line to your truck. floor it outta there and leave it in the cage far away to starve to death or take it far away and shoot it.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:24 PM

I like Kobears idea, except I think I'd floor it and never look back.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:31 PM

HAND GRANADE!!!

Quick Reply: shunk in trap now what

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.