Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Stands and ideas?

Old 01-15-2004, 08:09 AM

Default Deer Stands and ideas?

I am building some new box blinds and wanted some of your ideas on how you guy's open and close the windows on your stands if available? Some ideas that I know about are using a small rope or cable to hold the window open. Other ideas are with paint sticks with a bunch of holes drilles in it for opening the window at different heights. What else any ideas are appreciated.

Also what are some of your cool ideas for the insides of the stands. One of mine is using a battery powered closet light that you push to turn on and off for when it's dark.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer Stands and ideas?

It sounds as though you already have it nailed there Bobo21 ,
BTW I've seen those closet lights in a red version .
Old 01-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Put a couple shelves in the corners. Great place to lay your binos, cup of coffee, or any other misc stuff that we tote with us now days. Also, get a comfortable chair and build your shooting house big enough to accomodate it and the windows at the right height for it. For the windows, plexiglass with holes drilled and nylon strings run up through the wall right under your roof overhang and a loop with a nail in the wall, will give you a relatively quiet way to open and secure your windows. Also, put carpet around the walls and floor to add qietness to your stand. Depending on your location and how cold the winter gets, you can use newspaper between the walls for insulation and to help keep things quiet as well. This seems like a lot of additions, but if you like to hunt all day in an area, comfort makes all the difference in the world.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

swivel seat in the middle, shelves like gobbling buck said, and run some electricity out there so u can take a small plug in heater and stay warm!!!! lol g/l
Old 01-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Run ELECTRICITY out there ?!?!?!

Oh geez......

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-15-2004, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

If you would like a good small space heater, you can make one yourself with a coffee can, a roll of TP, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. Be careful because the coffee can will get hot. You can use 2 cans putting one inside the other with sand underneath and around the sides to help with this problem. The TP acts as a wick and usually you will go through 2 or 3 bottles of alcohol before it burns completely up. The alcohol also burns with no visible flame and is oderless. ONCE AGAIN.......BE CAREFUL.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Central heat and air, definitely!
Old 01-16-2004, 07:09 PM

Well if your gonna run electricity to it why not have a TV a fridgerator and microwave a heater a computer...... that would be cool though
Old 01-17-2004, 02:13 PM

lol. me and my bro built a crappy tripod out of old leftover 2*4's with some old nails and screws. and a skateboead that we broke in half. lol. it was fun though.
Old 01-17-2004, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am making a shooting house for the wife and i am going to try to use some type of slider window

Quick Reply: Deer Stands and ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.