Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Stands and ideas?

Old 01-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Stands and ideas?

Check this out...
http://www.deerbox.com/
Old 01-17-2004, 04:42 PM

I like the way it says DURABLE on the website like your gonna drop it down the steps or somethin??? what are people thinkin these days.??
Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

I just rebuilt the windows in my stand. I found a local supplier who had aluminum track that has two slots. Smoke colored plexiglas with a slight crease in the middle keeps the individual panes from rattling in the wind. The smoke color is important. Depending on the size of your stand you will need 2 or 3 plexiglass pieces per window. They are quiet enough to operate with deer within 50 feet. Prior to installing the tracks, caulk the opening then install for a weatherproof seal. Add two strips of foam stick-on weather strip to the blind where the windows shut against and you are set. When you hunt don't open the windows directly across from each other. This way you can't be seen by looking straight through the blind. Whatever you do, don't build a window that opens to the outside. Deer see a window sticking up, or something different from what they see everyday and know something is amiss.