Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

guys come on

Old 01-11-2004, 09:21 AM

Default guys come on

i got on here this morning looking for some inertersting post to read and i found a couple that really bugged me how come hunter are attacking the way/tactics/method of other hunters and calling it unsportmanlike or whatever and another thing i noticed is poeple post these yet have very little information on the subject that they are insulting now dont get me wrong i believe that we all need to have ethics but when people are saying that cleaning killing deer at 300 yards is wrong because you arent close enough or whatever ales people said i just think that we need to relize hunting different animals in different terrain under different circumstances requires something well...DIFFERENT we got enough to worry about with PETA without attacking our own
Old 01-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: guys come on

AMEN!!!!!

dog1
Old 01-11-2004, 09:42 AM

Hi Rauch and dog 1,

I haven't been here all that long myself....maybe four or five months...something like that. And I have kinda come to the conclusion that some of the guys/gals that start these threads....are just..well.....bored! The more I read some of the exact same occurring arguments....the more convinced I become some of them are expressly for the purpose of, "beating the doldrums". Especially now that it's winter and cabin fever has set in.

As a matter of fact....occasionally as I'm reading....I'd swear I "hear snickering in the background"! So I will sometimes...in keeping in the spirit of things"....jump right on into the fray....and let fly. And sometimes...not. But one thing is for certain. Just like in all other aspects of my life...I'm starting to make "self distinctions" about which of the "users" I should expect to take seriously. And with them I'll participate in a serious and engaging conversation. And like anywhere else...you start to differientiate those "users" that just can't be taken seriously. For a variety of reasons....(some good and some ?????). And with them you either refrain from interactions....or enter the "conversation" knowing full well....where it is headed.

I wish I could say that this forum is different from a general "cross section" of society....but in truth....it is pretty well representative of that same said cross section!

Just don't let it get under your skin! Don't get me wrong...there is nothing wrong with really "grunting it out" on the threads....just don't be disappointed by false expectations!

Hoping you guys both enjoy the experience! Actually it can be kind of.....well....fun!

Dave

P.S. And did I say it can be FUN!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

akbound,

I agree, and one thing I noticed is that I seem to enjoy the bunch on the deer hunting and turkey sites the best, more down to earth bunch of folks. A lot of them sound like people I grew up with and some, well. But you gotta love some of the comments.

dog1
Old 01-11-2004, 09:59 AM

Hey dog1,

Sometimes I think all we are missing is the rocker....the pot bellied stove...a spittoon......a cooler......a dog underfoot.....(I guess we are missing quite a lot after all).

Dave

P.S. Did I say cooler?
Old 01-11-2004, 08:24 PM

Hehehe. All I have is the spittoon and the dog. The other things have been substituted with a computer chair, a space heater, and a refrigerator.
Aww, that's close enough I guess!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:34 PM

My apologies for taking the bait in 2-3 posts lately! the cabin fever and the insanity of hunting being over for a year just took hold of me....[&o]
Old 01-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

I agree that we need to stand together and fight to protect hunting from PETA and other antis before we nitpick at eachother. The only argument that we need to have is to nonhunters why hunting is ethical and it is not cruel. If we are not careful, our hunting rights will go down the drain!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Rauch

how come hunter are attacking the way/tactics/method of other hunters and calling it unsportmanlike or whatever and another thing i noticed is poeple post these yet have very little information on the subject that they are insulting now dont get me wrong i believe that we all need to have ethics but when people are saying that cleaning killing deer at 300 yards is wrong because you arent close enough or whatever
My suggestion to you would be to actually READ the thread before posting about it. No one attacked anyone or their methods and most certainly no one said taking a deer at 300 yards is wrong.

Talk about not having info on the subject LOLOLOLOL

we got enough to worry about with PETA without attacking our own
Man, the paranoia around here is rediculous. Here's a thought........if PETA and all the Anti's read this site and use this stuff against us like you think........do you really think you should be posting how afraid you are and we all should be of them??

Time for a reality check guys.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Beard Buster

I agree that we need to stand together and fight to protect hunting from PETA and other antis before we nitpick at eachother. The only argument that we need to have is to nonhunters why hunting is ethical and it is not cruel. If we are not careful, our hunting rights will go down the drain!

So we can't have discussions or ever disagree with each other??

If you are shaping your behavior around PETA........they are already pulling your strings.

I for one have no intention of letting PETA or anyone else for that matter take away my rights to free speech and expression..........or my guns

Try decaf guys

Quick Reply: guys come on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.