Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Iams partners with Antis

Old 01-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Iams partners with Antis

Borrowed this from another site:

Iams Partners With Leading Anti-Hunting Organization- (01/09)
National
Join our e-mail alert list

The Iams Company, maker of Iams and Eukanuba pet foods, has joined forces with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest anti-hunting organization.

The company is helping sponsor the Pet Fest America tour, a series of animal shows in major metropolitan areas, nationwide. The shows were developed by HSUS. They debuted in early 2003 and will continue through April 2004.

Sportsmen, and in particular sporting dog owners, understand the threat HSUS poses to hunting, field trialing and other activities, said Bud Pidgeon, president of the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance. Iams has fallen into the same trap as some other businesses and it needs to be educated.

Companies such as General Mills, Accor Hotels, Pet Safe, Sears, and Ace Hardware ended relationships with HSUS after thousands of sportsmen levied strong protest.

The Pet Fests are basically pet owner education and welfare events and also serve to educate and entertain consumers, Kelly Vanasse, Iams associate director of external affairs told the Alliance. We also sponsor Ducks Unlimited, AKC and other events. We try to strike a balance.

Iams clearly doesn't understand how sportsmen will view its support for the nation's largest anti-hunting organization.

We are currently fighting HSUS attempts to ban dove hunting in Wisconsin, bear hunting in Maine and Alaska, and other anti-hunting threats around the country, said Pidgeon. Iams is adding legitimacy to HSUS's efforts.

The National Animal Interest Alliance was among those who alerted the Alliance of the issue.

Take Action! Sportsmen across the nation should contact Iams and educate them about HSUS's goals to end hunting, fishing, trapping and other forms of animal use. Contact President Jeffery P. Ansell, The Iams Company, 7250 Poe Ave., Dayton, OH 45414. Phone (937) 898-7387. Fax (937) 264-7264. Toll Free (800) 675-3849.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Information on this website can be reprinted with a citation to the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance and www.ussportsmen.org
Old 01-09-2004, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Iams partners with Antis

Won't buy from them any more...
Old 01-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have a dog, but I'll spread the word.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:01 AM

I've bought my last bag of Iams. Anyone else wish to let them know you've stopped purchasing their products because of theie anti-hunting stance. Let them know!
http://www.iams.com/en_US/jhtmls/con...US&bc=I&pti=TU

Lets stand up for our sport. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:05 AM

Never bought there product and never will. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the link, adams. My dog loves Iams, but I'm going to have to find another brand that he likes as much.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good point Ifferd, however, since the Shows were DEVELOPED by the HSUS, that puts Iams in the position of giving money to a HSUS event. That is different than just being a Co-sponsor of an event that the HSUS hapened to co-sponsor too. If what is reported is true, I would say they are supporting the HSUS agenda and also, this gives the HSUS exposure to get more contributions.

I have emailed Iams and asked for a clarification of this association. As a veterinarian who recommends brands of dog foods every day, hopefully they will respond, and respond in a positive fashion for hunters.

As far as the Winston Cup, if I were trying to stamp out smoking in any form, I certainly wouldn't support the Winston Cup with my attendance or money in any way.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-13-2004, 08:43 AM

I have heard that Iams also does a lot of testing on animals in order to enhance the performance of their product, not to worried about the situation personally, nor am I to worried about anti hunters.

Maybe instead of worrying about what the "antis" are up to, hunters should focus on educating people who really dont know what hunting is all about, and teach kids how to hunt responsibly. take a proactive approach to what we all love.

Quick Reply: Iams partners with Antis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.