Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Have you been with an outfitter? >

Have you been with an outfitter?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have you been with an outfitter?

Old 01-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Have you been with an outfitter?

Tried this on the Big Game board and there were not any post's - so I though I would try it here.
Anyone here been with a outfitter they care to share the info on? I have been very lucky..just looking to test new waters.

BTW- no hard feelings if I go and it doesn't work out !
Old 01-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you been with an outfitter?

I have been on trips with several outfitters. The problem is, this was in the late 70`s and early 80`s. Those outfitters are surely out of the game now.

What type of hunt are you looking for? I do happen to know a REAL GOOD whitetail outfitter!
Old 01-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

WENT ON A FEW ARCHERY BLACK BEAR HUNTS IN NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA. I WAS GOING TO DO A RIFLE WHITETAIL HUNT FOR THE 2004 SEASON WITH THE SAME OUTFITTER, BUT MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO HUNT NEW YORK WITH THEM THIS COMING SEASON. THIS OUTFITTER IS OUTSTANDING, WORKS HARD TO GIVE YOU THE BEST CHANCE TO HARVEST YOUR GAME, GREAT FOOD, CLEAN CABINS, LOTS OF FUN. HERE IS IS WEB PAGE:

Posting Rule # 10--Linking - Links to produtcs and personal pages will be tolerated. You may not link to any direct competitor or link to just advertise a product or service. We reserve the right to delete any link for any reason
Old 01-01-2004, 10:15 AM

Bowhuntercop I have hunted with Carmen at Kelly's. Killed a bear in the spring of 2000. Went back to take a crack at those mosnster bucks. saw and held the rack that the guy from Reading PA killed several years ago, that hooked me. However didn't see anything, weather was very warm for late november. Have to say you must be willing to sit all day in very cold temps or don't even go. As for outfitters was in New Hampshire this year with Border Pond outfitters and kennels. The owner George and his wife. can't do enough for you and they feed you better than anywhere I have ever been. Even have a Lobster night (live whole lobsters). Because they only take three to four hunters at a time he has the time to do his best to get you your game. In fact I'll say without a dout HE WORKED HARDER THAN ANYOTHER GUIDE I HAVE EVER BEEN WITH. Check his web site out, and tell him Don Judy sent you. I will be going back next year.

Linking - Links to produtcs and personal pages will be tolerated. You may not link to any direct competitor or link to just advertise a product or service. We reserve the right to delete any link for any reason
Old 01-01-2004, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

NYFLYER,
I'M GOOD FRIENDS WITH CARMEN & LORNE. DID YOU HUNT WITH ARCHERY OR FIREARM?

I HUNTED 3 TIMES WITH ARCHERY FOR BEAR, OPENING WEEK FOR FALL BEAR IN SEPTEMBER, 1st YEAR 300lb BEAR, 2nd TIME MISSED A HUGE BEAR, ENDED UP GOING HOME WITH A 200lb. BEAR ON LAST DAY, 3rd TIME I HAD A BEAR IN THE 250/275lb. RANGE BUT NO CLEAR SHOTS. I HAVE NO PROBLEM SITTING ALL DAY, BUT MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO HUNT NY THIS COMING HUNTING SEASON. THAT RACK IS HUGE ISN'T IT?!!!!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Big Country > I am always looking for a good Whitetail hunt...I have not made B&C and would love to say I did...so far 162 B&C ..Pass me a name

Thanks
Old 01-01-2004, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Hey BH Cop
Looked at Kelly's briefly..doesn't look bad. I do most of my homework every year in January, then go to the show in PA Eastern Mountian show 9-days long and try and pick out an outfitter. This year I really not sure what I want..Elk/Muley or back to whitetails not sure.
I have hunted Alberta / Saskatch / New Bruns and a bunch of home states.
Where are your plans for NEW YORK - I use to live there and had a camp for many years...still have some property there but never hunt it!
Old 01-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Outdoor, the outfitter in question specializes in bowhunts, but does offer very limited slug gun hunts in Pike Co., Illinois.

Oops, I`ll delete this info myself, and save deerdust the trouble. Sorry.

Outdoor, I`ll send you a PM.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry Folks, we do have many outfitters who pay to advertise through Huntingnet and that is why we have this rule. Please send links by private message or email in the future. The link to the outfitters page is http://www.huntingoutfitters.com/

Quick Reply: Have you been with an outfitter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.