Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Another hunter in my turf...what would you do? >

Another hunter in my turf...what would you do?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Another hunter in my turf...what would you do?

Old 01-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another hunter in my turf...what would you do?

Thanks for the replies. The guy hasn't been out there since late rifle ended so I assume he's not a bowhunter. Since bow ended today, I'm not going to do much for awhile. The landowner is in Florida for the winter. When he returns in the spring, I'm simply going to ask him if he would mind telling this newcomer to find another spot. I have good rapport with the landowner so hopefully he'll understand. I do own 40 acres of hunting land 2 hours north, so if I lose access to this 15 acres, I still won't be out a place to hunt. The thing is the 15 acres is literally out my back door. The new guy hunting there put out two ladder stands, one 30 yards from my west stand and the other 60 yards from my east stand. Can't have that. That sucks. Oh well, another season down. Ten more months to go.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Another hunter in my turf...what would you do?

If the property is such a good spot then why not ask the owner to give you an exclusive lease. Offer to pay the property taxes in exchange for his not allowing anyone else to hunt there.