Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

after i cap it?

Old 12-30-2003, 11:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: after i cap it?

Nuge I guess I should said this is if your using bleach in the water solution. I actually haven't needed to boil around the pedicles, however I cape out all my skulls asap and the removal of the hide is much easier when fresh. In the past when doing a stale flesh or cape job I have just let the skull soak in plain water for a night changing the water every few hours, this works well for doing a skull cap mount as the poster is wanting to do here, for a euro you must boil. I try to keep the antlers out of the water as best I can, by fashioning up a hanger system to keep the antlers above the top of the boiling water line. It is how I have always done it!