Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any shed hunters????

Old 12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any shed hunters????

My previous post I mentioned that I saw a 4 pointer still supporting his head gear, yesterday I found out from a guy down the mountain that he found a pair of 4pts at the base of his drive where a fence is, it appeared the deer had jump the fence and both sides fell off at impact, man these were huge, so yes they seem to be in the process of dropping them now. Bobby
Old 12-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a unique shed you found skeeter. Did you look for the match after you found it. I have yet to find a matched set.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

I have never done this before, but am considering doing it this year. When should I start looking...since their already starting to drop in some states?
Old 12-29-2003, 06:55 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

I think I'll give it a shot this year. A good reason to take my boys out in the woods and get a better feel for the land I have been hunting.

David
Old 12-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

buckeyebuckhntr
That is a unique shed you found skeeter. Did you look for the match after you found it. I have yet to find a matched set.
I looked long and hard for the matcher for crabbie but never found it Yes I have found quite a few matching sets over the years but still a lot of singles. Crabbie is still alive and I saw him (I think) saturday night while scouting, so I still have hope of finding one of his matched set
Old 12-30-2003, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got about 30 photos from my two game cams developed today. The photos were from the past week and the bucks still had there horns. 6 buck pictures. I want to shed hunt but I think I'll wait unit late feb, early march! Thats when they were all off in central MN lst year!

Good Luck!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any one come across any yet??????
I know its early still i just got the "itch"!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:23 PM

I need to get out there and start looking now. Skeeter, you need to start hunting your buddy Old Crabbie now. I would hate to think of someone else getting that monster if I had found that shed. Thats awsome.
Old 01-08-2004, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

here are my pics.

Old 01-09-2004, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a photo of some of my sheds and pickup skulls also. I mostly shed hunt here in Illinois but I also shed hunt my mothers property in Montana.

The earlyist I have found sheds here in Illinois is Jan 22nd, although a friend did harvest a large P&Y 8 pointer last week and when dragging him out by the antlers the antlers came off, he is pissed to say the least[]

Quick Reply: Any shed hunters????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.