Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whitetails cloned!

Old 12-23-2003, 08:19 AM

Default Whitetails cloned!

No, this is not a joke. I found this on the Drudge Report.

http://www.cvm.tamu.edu/news/releases/deer_clone.shtml
Old 12-23-2003, 09:01 AM

Default RE: Whitetails cloned!

I saw this story this morning on CNN. Pretty strange. I wonder if ten years down the road we'll be debating the ethics of hunting cloned deer instead of the ethics of hunting high fence.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some people seem excited about he prospect of cloning deer and other animals. I just wish they would have left it all alone. I believe it will cause much controversy in time. Ihook has a valid point, I hope it never comes down to it though.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:22 AM

That is freakin scary! May God have mercy on the souls that try to duplacate master and control life. lhook7 is right 10-20 years down the road there are to be some serous debates on who has the power to do what with someones or somethings life.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wonder if ten years down the road we'll be debating the ethics of hunting cloned deer instead of the ethics of hunting high fence.
Where do you think these cloned bucks are going to be sold? High fenced operations, heck they won't even have does in with the bucks, the does will be kept in pens to be implanted with the clones and then the clones will be put into the fenced in areas to be hunted. It will make things a lot easier for the guys hunting in the fence because you will know that any deer you see will be a shooter, you won't need to look for horns.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:08 AM

This is just plain wrong. Shouldn't we just let nature take her course? If you were to ask me, if you clone deer then you should use them more like cows for commercial meat and not even consider taking them or even releasing them in the wild.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:12 PM

Maybe when Dewey gets big enough he will be on my wall! I always heard cloned deer tasted mighty fine!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

I believe there are problems with this issue. Sure, it may help with embryonic stem cells to aid in resolving medical issues, but when did scientists become God? I, for one, have big issues with this.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:59 PM

me to
Old 12-28-2003, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

No matter what they are cloning, playing God is just plain wrong!

Quick Reply: Whitetails cloned!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.