Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Deer runing into things that don't give. >

Deer runing into things that don't give.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer runing into things that don't give.

Old 12-21-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Deer runing into things that don't give.

A guy that I work with said that the buck he arrowed ran into a tree and broke it's neck. Has anyone experienced this.
A few weeks ago while taking my doe to the check station, I saw a doe laying next to a chainlink fence dead[X(]. It looked like she had come down the hill and out of the treeline at full speed and hit the fence[], which was only 8 ft away.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer runing into things that don't give.

Yep, shot a nice 9-pt. once. He ran full speed into a tree about 10 yards from impact.

Same thing with a doe.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once while pheasant hunting I came across a doe that was piled up head first and frozen against a tree trunk. Looked like a decent shot, don,t know why it was never recovered. It was pretty much in plainsight
Old 12-21-2003, 05:06 PM

I had one run full speed into a tree this year and fall over dead next to it. It ran about 20 yards from where I shot it, and then it found that immovable object.
Old 12-21-2003, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have sed this before WATCH Monster bucks 11!!!!!!!!!!!! they have a hunt in there in Canada where this buck runs into a tree in plain sight. its too classic to describe. i have also seen it on some other TV show. not tooooo uncommon i guess.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had a button buck run into a boulder...fell down had his head up..getting ready to finish him...he got up stumbled and took off....ran into another one and died on impact...dont know if he died from the hit or my shot.....he ran from pure adrenaline....i broke a shoulder and blew his lungs to bits....i could put my fist through the exit wound...i dont know how he made it that far.....dad thought i only broke its leg bellow the body..and this year i shot a doe..she ran into a few trees....not dead on though...kinda smacked into them with the front shoulders...i blew her heart up...i couldnt find a big piece of it...dad was asking wheres the heart? i pulled out little chunks....she ran from adrenaline too....
Old 12-22-2003, 12:47 AM
Fork Horn

my dad had one run into a tree, the same tree, several times, then flop over.

It's his story, not mine, but it goes something along the lines of he shot this big buck, and it ran a couple yards, stoped, then ran into a tree, backed up, then ran into it again, backed off, and ran into the other side of it, and finally floped over. I know i missed some details, but it's something along those lines. [8D]

Just this year he shot a wounded deer that wasn't going to make it till next year ( missing a rear leg )...ended up tanged in a barbed wire fence. I have a picture if you guys want to see a little one tangled in a fence :-P
Old 12-22-2003, 01:50 AM

I work at a Nuclear Plant, and they have aprox. 2500 acres most of it woods and fields. The number of deer that live on the property is huge and parts of it are farmed so the deer hang around. Anyway I have seen several deer take off running from a car that came a little to close to them and spooked them running them right into chain link fences. Once I saw one run smack into the side of a building breaking one its legs.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Last year while checking out from a military post a 6 pointer ran out of the woods across the street through a parking lot full of cars and other hunters and ran right into the side of the game check station. It got up stood there for a minute and then just walked into the woods behind the check station. I guess he was trying to get revenge for us taking his brethern
Old 12-22-2003, 05:51 AM

My in-laws once bought my son this regulation size soccer net and put it up in my back yard with PVC pipes. My wife and I hated it since it was too big. Anyway, one day she calls me at work and she says, well I have good news and bad. The good was that the net was down, and the bad, there's a deer caught in it. Apparently this button buck ran right into it and got caught. I told her I would call the game commission. They came and tranquilized the deer and took it out of the net. I was glad the deer lived.

T

Quick Reply: Deer runing into things that don't give.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.