Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sounds

Old 12-21-2003, 09:46 AM

Default Sounds

I'm new to hunting this season and yesterday well out with my crossbow a deer came within a 100 yards and started wheezing and snorting, i was just wondering if does do this or bucks, there were no antlers and it seems to early for them to have fallen off, Dec. 20, just wondering if anyone can help out there, thanks.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sounds

Both bucks and does do that. The deer winded you. Keep the wind blowing into your face from where you believe the deer will come from. This will solve your problem. Good luck
Old 12-22-2003, 07:37 AM

Default RE: Sounds

most of the time the does do the blowing and snorting, both do it yes, but most time it is the does, the bucks just have a tendency to slide out trying not to make a noise