Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scary Video

Old 12-19-2003, 03:30 PM

Default RE: Scary Video

This past summer I was driving home at nighttime from a metal detecting trip and had a huge deer slam into the side of my mother-in-laws truck. The thing that sucked is that it didn't kill him, it broke his rear legs and I was sitting there watching him flop around on the side of the road with no weapon to put him out of him misery. I sat there in the dark for over a half hour hoping a cop with a gun could come along and do the job for me. Don't you know that after I finally left and drove up the road about five minutes I see a cop pass by me going in the opposite direction (and too fast for me to flag him down.) I felt horrible leaving that animal there in pain but I don't feel I had any other choice. At least that deer seemed to reach his demise quickly.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:03 PM

Holy schnikes! I've hit 2 in my lifetime and 1 really freaked me something aweful. Was heading N. on the NYS Thruway and to make a long story short, a big doe was coming up an adjoining ravine full bore. As I was approaching this overpass I caught site of her leaping a guardrail to my right front. I quickly looked in my left side mirror to see if I could safely vear to the left. No dice 18 wheeler barreling down that lane. Only thing I could do was grip wheel tite and duck. Mind you, while doing 55 mph. this is all happening in a flash. WHACK!! On the downward decent from her leap she impacts my ol' 71 Pontiac Executive on the rt.front head lamp point. I look into the rear view mirror and see her airborne and off into the ravine. I stop and run back to check her condition. Split wide open from breastbone to butt. Walk back to check car and the whole hood, right side and windows are splattered something aweful. My beast of a car barely damaged. Hood rippled slightly, lite busted and qtr. panel a little buckled. The blood spray looked like I just drove thru so S. American assassination scene from the 50's. I got to work and some wise guy "buddy" says "Jim I know you like to bow hunt but your car sure looks like you were settin mighty close to her with a gattling gun when the herd come thru this morning". I replied, " you are lucky to be seeing and talking to me". Pure terror![&o][&o]
Old 12-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Real scary--makes you think about driving fast in deer prone areas. I live in Begen COunty, Nj which has ZERO hunting allowed and it is getting to the point where you have to be real careful,
Old 12-19-2003, 07:20 PM

Wild video. I like Boston but not in a deer v car video clip. I would have dropped a major load in the ole breeches too!
Old 12-19-2003, 07:34 PM

Looked like a 6 point? Wow.......
Old 12-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is a trip. Looked real familiar too - hit a deer at 70, totaled the car.

And yes, Boston rocks.
Old 12-20-2003, 03:00 AM

If you look really closely, you can tell that his lights were flashing and that he was chasing someone.
Yah, chasing the elusive neverending doughnut and bottomless coffee cup
At least it was quick.And yes, Boston rocks[8D]
Old 12-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats crazy
Old 12-20-2003, 08:56 PM

not big on the whole car hitting on the deer but thats my opinion
Old 12-21-2003, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Uhm, speaking from experience....driving the cruiser that is...I'll bet he was going every bit of 80, probably faster. In the old days of the Dodge Hemi's, Police Interceptors, I had one over 140 a few times.[] The two times that come to mind where Officer Down or Officer Needs Assistance calls.[:'(]

The biggest deer I've ever killed in my life to date, was killed with a Silverado.[X(]

Quick Reply: Scary Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.