Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe with 20 points

Old 12-15-2003, 01:44 PM

Default RE: doe with 20 points

If it's a buck that got his "junk" torn off I guess it's technically not a doe. Even if he had his penis torn off and not his testicles which produce testosterone he'll still shed his velvet he just won't be able to seal the deal. It's a proven fact some actual does grow antlers, ask a vet or biologist. There are freaks of nature. I've seen pictures of antlered does and every one has had freaky antlers and the pictures I've seen of bucks with no testicles were just as weird.

TJ
Old 12-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

Kind of along the same line, has anyone ever seen a buck with no rack? Not even a nub. My dad shot one about 5 or 6 years ago. Nice, big buck, no rack. How do you even check that in??? Here in Nebraska, as long as it doesn't have a rack, it's a doe.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

It happens once or twice a year in Minnesota! Every deer season I can remember I see doe with horns in the paper. The only differance is THEY AREN'T 20 POINTERS!!!! The biggest one I can remember was a 12 pointer.

Good Luck!
Old 12-15-2003, 09:51 PM

wow, my first time of hearing anything like this, learn somthing new everyday, how about some pictures.......and what did it weigh.....hell might have been on steriods...lol ~Saulte
Old 12-16-2003, 01:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

A number of years ago North American Whitetail featured a story about a doe that was killed and weighed well over 200 lbs and sported an 8 point rack that made P&Y.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

A number of years ago North American Whitetail featured a story about a doe that was killed and weighed well over 200 lbs and sported an 8 point rack that made P&Y.
Dave I remember that, that doe had one heck of a rack! It happens, I have never personally seen one, but I know there are documented cases of them and I wouldn't be surprised if one had 20 points. Points in some cases do not mean diddly squat, I killed an 8 point in 74-75 that made an awful lot of 10 & 12 pointers look punk, of course I have seen a lot of 8, 10, 12 pointers that made him look punk also.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, it's not a fake 1 out of every 50,000 doe will have antlers. It is just a matter of the doe having too much testosterone. Just do a simple search on the internet and you will find plenty of stuff. Here is a link to an article on a 12 point doe as well.

http://www.heraldonline.com/local/st...-2761150c.html
Old 12-16-2003, 09:46 AM

that's why most states don't issue buck/doe tags ...they are antlered/anterless tags.

my friend shot a big buck last november that was still in velvet ...it's nuts got ripped off (jumping over the barbed wire i'd imagine). anyway after talking with some folks in the area it's not uncommon to see "stag" deer.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:17 AM

a buck getting his "junk ripped off" and surviving could never happen. that is a main artery and if severed, the animal would bleed to death within minutes....so no, that definately isn't one of the answers.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

thelastboyscout: it does happen and can happen. its been proven before. i will stick with what the experts say. think about it. think back to scouts (if you were one) if someone is bleeding, where do u apply a pressure point. not to the penis!!! the main arteries run down you two legs, not your third leg. something about not having a penis and balls hinders on their love life, so they no longer feel the need to stop blood supply to the antlers and no reason to run the velvet off. so the velvet stays alive, continuing to add mass, length and points to the rack.

Quick Reply: doe with 20 points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.